(1) Take Me

(( Author's Note: Hey everyone, the dancing scene may be hard to imagine so watch the video on the side. That's how the club is supposed to look and stuff. I hope ya'll enjoy this. My very first romace. Eep! ))

“And now, please welcome. Skye Blue!” shouted the man on stage.

Skye knew that meant she had exactly thirty seconds. She quickly applied some more purple lipstick to her puckered lips and black mascara to her long, feather-like eyelashes. She adjusted her sequined police officer’s uniform and standard black fishnet tights. Skye gathered up her courage and sauntered on stage.

 The lights dimmed and the spotlight shone only on her. She suppressed the urge to shield her eyes, but instead gave herself to the brightness. She started dancing for the sea of darkness she could no longer see.

She heard the beat of the drum, then the first chord of the guitar signaling for her to begin.

Skye shimmied up to the never ending metal pole in the center of the stage. She wrapped her long caramel colored legs around it and ran her hand along the greasy metal.

She heard several men clap and cheer. She felt the soft-wads of money touch her feet.

Skye whipped her wavy black hair with one long white streak in the middle over her shoulders and fell against the pole onto her knees. The crowd roared with applause and cat calls.

The music began playing louder. Skye closed her eyes and let the music infiltrate her mind. She was no longer in control over her body.

A few minutes passed and the song finally came to an end. Skye felt like she had just woken up from a horrible dream. She wiped her sweat glistened skin and gathered the money scattered on the dirty fake-wood floor.

She hurried backstage and away from those horrible people. No one acknowledged her presence except for Elvis, the owner of the nightclub. He patted her roughly on the back and pulled her closer to him so she could smell his strong cologne.

Skye thought that was the very smell of death.

“You did great out there, baby. Keep it up, and you might even earn something special,” he purred.

His dark grey eyes stared straight into her soul. They made her skin crawl.

Skye pushed him away.

He chuckled and danced away.

“I’ll have you soon, don’t you worry,” he yelled before exiting the dressing room.

Skye hurriedly hid her face as tears glistened in her dark brown eyes.

She would not let him anywhere near her. That much, she knew for sure.

Skye nearly fell over as a woman in a skin colored body-suit pushed past her.

“Watch where you’re going,” the lady sneered.

A slow, sly smile spread across her face as she saw Skye’s eyes.

“Aw, you okay there, little girl? Why don’t you call your mom, maybe she’ll take you home. Just kidding, who would want a whore as their daughter?”

Several “oohs” escaped the other women in the dressing room. They stopped whatever they were doing and stared at the ensuing fight. Not one of them made a move for them to stop.

Skye balled her fists and shouted, “I am not a whore!”

Her voice quivered as tears fell from her almond-shaped eyes.

The lady laughed aloud and glared at Skye. Her pale blue eyes seemed so empty. Skye never wanted to become like her.

“Not yet, baby. But you will be.”