(10) Lose Me

Skye lay on her stomach with the sheets drawn up to just above the end of her spine. She was unbearably hot and she was finding it difficult to breathe after what just happened.

Ace stared at her in full and utter admiration, not allowing himself to come down from this natural high. A few remnants of brown, black, and pink makeup stained the sheets that surrounded him and covered Skye. She was so real, so natural without that overbearing makeup. The sheen of the sweat made her shiny and even more beautiful than she had been just a few minutes ago, if that was even possible.

She was a goddess.

He placed one hand under her small face and stared deeply into her eyes.

“Wow,” he finally breathed.

He wanted to tell Skye that she was unlike anything he had even ever dreamt of, but the words couldn’t seem to form in his mouth.

Skye felt a blush rise from her neck from his eyes. Wordlessly, she nuzzled her face into his firm chest. She closed her eyes and inhaled that manly, outdoorsy smell tinged with a little cologne. It was just so… irresistible.

Skye suddenly realized this was the first time she had ever made love. Yes, she had sex before but it was dirty and ugly. This was unlike anything she had ever experienced. The rush, the warmth, the hunger, it was all too much.

Ace closed his eyes and held her against him. Once again, tracing her enchanting tattoo with his fingers. He felt a sort of bump he had missed in the heat of the moment and inspected the tattoo again. He looked closely and saw that there was a sort of scar that was buried underneath the dark ink that outlined the slithering body of the snake. It was so faint that it would be easy to miss if you weren’t touching it. Ace realized that the scar wasn’t only on that one part of the snake but actually multiple similar scars made up the whole tattoo.

Skye tensed in response. She quickly pulled away and covered herself with the duvet.

“Skye what happened?” he asked concerned.

Skye turned away from him.

“It’s just scars from the tattoo, it’s no big deal,” she lied.

Ace sat up and leaned against the textured walls. He stared at the beautiful, but so utterly lost girl that lay next to him.

“No it’s not, Skye. But I’m not going to pressure you to tell me. You can tell me whenever you’re ready.”

Skye turned to face him. A mix of amusement and curiosity shifted her features.

“Okay,” she agreed. A small smile played at the curve of her lips.

A buzzing noise erupted from the pocket of Ace’s jeans that lay in the corner of the small room. Ace stared at his jeans for a moment before turning around and completely ignoring the noise.

“Who are you trying to avoid?” Skye asked bluntly. Her eyes were narrowed but her face held a playful expression.

Ace smiled and kissed the nape of her neck.

“Nobody,” he muttered against her warm skin as his phone rang again.

 Skye mustered up all her strength and pushed him off her.

He looked at her skeptically before she said, “Whatever it is, it seems important. Whoever’s been calling you really seems like they need to reach you. Answer it.”

Ace was not used to being denied what he wanted or being told what to do, but he knew she was right. Still, he was not ready for reality to come crashing back to him. It was like in this small, badly decorated room everything was perfect. With Skye and him, everything just seemed to flow. Ace knew it was so dangerous, but Skye was everything he was missing.