Farkle

She has an amazing voice. Compared to my crappy ass voice, she's an angel.

And now I know for a fact that she likes me. And she knows for a fact that I like her. But would it be a good idea? She and I have been friends forever, and I know everything about her an she knows everything about me. Or at least, now she does. And I've always been able to trust her with all of my secrets. I decided to pop in my headphones and listen to some music.

Just as I had that thought, I got a text. Must be Riles, I thought. I opened the phone an saw that the message wasn't from Riley, it was from a blocked ID.

Unknown number: You talk to that stupid little bitch again an say bye bye to all your little secrets.
You: Who are you???
Unknown number: You'll find out soon enough.
You: You don't scare me
Unknown number: But I should Farkle. If you don't listen to me, you'll have more reasons to kill yourself. And even if you do talk to her again, I can easily tell your step mother about your little conversation with Riley
You: You wouldn't. You can't.
Unknown number: You're MY puppet now.
You: Fine. You win.
___________________________ I didn't talk to Riley the rest of the day. She looked so upset. It hurt me so much to see her hurt like this. She knows some thing is going on. She's even tried talking to me a few times. I just ignored her or ran away. By the end of the day, I felt totally alone. The bell marking the end of the day rang and everyone got out of their seats. I stayed later than all my other classmates. After everyone else left, I walked out of the classroom and into the hallways lined with the 6th graders art work. And I have to admit, some of this stuff is actually good. Like Maya good. Just as I thought that, the same girl walked out of the washroom with a tear-stained face. I quickly but quietly ran towards her. "Maya! Wait up" she stopped and wiped the tears from her eyes. I've never seen her like this before. I've never seen her so... afraid. I sprinted towards her.

"Oh, hey Farkle." She said in a raspy voice. "Do you wanna talk Maya, just you and I?" I asked
"Sure Farkle. That'd be great"

So we walked to my place. The step-monster was away on business for a few weeks, so I have the place to myself. We went up to my room and she sat down on my bed. She told me how Lucas isn't as nice as we think he is. And that she's glad Riley got over him, otherwise it could be HER in this situation. Lucas hits her. Often. She lifted up her sweater to reveal a series of bruises and cuts. I say there and felt sorry for her. Then, she did something very unexpected. She kissed me. I didn't kiss back. I pushed her off of me. I made her leave. "Tell anyone and all your little secrets go bye bye." Maya said. Maya was the puppet master. And I was her puppet.

Just then, Riley walked in. She saw everything. She was right. I do have more reasons to kill myself.