Riley

The first time anyone noticed anything was REALLY wrong with me was in October. By that time, I was already thinking of ending my life.

It wasn't my parents who noticed, it was Farkle.

Farkle Minkus is my only friend now.

And I think he's the only reason I'm still here...

----------------------------------------------------

Farkle: Hey Riles
Riley: Hey Farkle.
Farkle: What's wrong?
Riley: Nothing. Why would something be wrong?
Farkle: Riley you've been acting weird since the beginning of school, I need to know what's wrong. It's killing me to see you hurt like this...
Riley: ...
Farkle: Please riles... please
Riley: Okay, fine.
Riley: Over the summer, we found out that Auggie has diabetes, and my parents were at the hospital all the time with Auggie, and I felt invisible. And over the summer, Missy bullying me got really bad. And now, I've done a few things that I can never undo. And Missy just won't stop. She's told me to kill myself and she's given me ways. She's beaten me up. She's verbally bullied me. And honestly Farkle, I've been wanting to end it all... I've wanted to just get my death done and over with because no one will care. Maya won't give a f***, Lucas is just another popular, and my parents don't give to s**** about me.
Farkle: I care...
Riley: You do?
Farkle: Of course!!! You're my everything riles.
Riley: Why have you been so different Farkle?
Riley:It's killing me inside to see you hurt like this...
Farkle: My step-mother abuses me. My dad is NEVER home anymore. People have started to bully me more than ever and I want to just kill myself. I've already done a s*** load of stuff that I wish I hadn't, and I can never undo it. So Riley Mathews, you and I are not all that different after all.