Story So Far

Near the end of human existence technology grew exponentially, everything from DNA reconstruction to the formation of powerful gravitational control. The governments of the world created what they called the Obelisks, these massive floating structures were supposed to provide the protection and peace that they had been pursuing for millennia. For a time, there was peace among the peoples of Earth.

Then they came, the Hosts, they took control of the Obelisks, they erased humanity from the world, this great war brought about the ultimate destruction of the entire planet. While the Hosts during this time were viewed as evil bringers of destruction the truth was that they were cleansing the Earth for a new beginning. What they call a Wipe. The Hosts goal was to preserve all life, all life that had ever existed on the planet, and so they did.

Using the power of the Obelisks the Hosts created the Arks, and on these Arks they established lives for all creatures; including humans, dinosaurs, ancient insects, reptiles, birds and mammals. Each of these lives that has been reserved will be reserved forever and never die, their memories and lives are stored in Beacons that are implanted in their bodies, humans these beacons are in their left arms, the animals these beacons are over their hearts, these beacons can be used to link people and animals together over great distances. While a Survivor of an Ark never truly dies they can be banished from an Ark, by the Beacon in their arm being removed and kept by another Survivor as a souvenir, there is a tribe known as Tamers that are famous for doing this, while if not killed immediately the survivor may go on living, but if the survivor dies they do not respawn.

While the Hosts' intentions were to preserve peace, violence is human nature, and while they have placed large groups of people on the Arks, these people still cannot come to peace with each other and wage war against each other forever. Occasionally the Hosts will Wipe an Ark to reset the aggression of the humans that live on it.

While awaiting an Ark reset, the people of the Ark await placement in the place they call the Lobby, this is a place of no violence as humanities survivors are placed in pods, they can often communicate with their neighbors but there are no physical interactions.

Admins are the voices of the Hosts, usually there is one Admin in each faction, while others can sometimes hear the will of the Hosts rarely do they have the power to affect change on the Ark. Admins do change from time to time, sometime during wipes sometimes with the death or banishment of an existing Admin.

The Ark I speak of now has been through six such Wipes, not always to replace the human's aggression with short term peace but also to cleanse the Ark of anything the humans may have done. This is not always an easy transition for the inhabitants of the Ark to deal with.

On this Ark the groups that fight amongst themselves are called Factions, there are the peaceful Dino Knights who only wish to tame animals, build and play as living creatures on the Ark, they are non-combative and depend on the defense of the Devine Knights. The Devine Knights are the so called protectors of the Ark, they will defend weaker groups from the concurring Shadow Knights. The Shadow Knights are an openly aggressive Faction made of splintered tribes who wage war on all on the Ark including others of their own Faction, there is no honor among thieves. There are also the elusive Blood Knights, these are rumored to be bounty hunters, black market brokers, and spies, only their leader is known, the rest of the faction is said to hide in plain sight among the other factions and tribes.