Chapter 1

"MOM!" I hugged my mother after 8 years of being apart. I miss the air of Japan. It's hard being in America all of a sudden. However, I'm almost there! I just need to reach the top. Even if it take a thousand years, I'll continue. I'll continue what I'm best at. 

"Honey, I missed you so..much..." Tears slid out of her eyes as she cupped her hands around my face. 

"I missed you too..." I smiled back, one with mixed emotions. 

When I got in my room, memories flooded in. Onii-chan...

I face everything on my own. No matter what happens. I'll do everything myself. When I was in America, I couldn't fit in with the other girls. It was a disaster. I was so behind everybody else. I was slow compared to the other girls. 

But during those first few years, I got faster. While the other girls played...having fun...I was on my own. All I could do was practice. Practice. There's nothing else. Sports are meant for winning. Nobody will encourage you. All you have to do is get better. That's the only point. 

Soon, I was faster than all the girls in my team. They told me I was over-working myself. They told me I should quit. They told me to go back to Japan...but I continued. No matter what.

We won nationals. That was my goal for being in America. I was finally able to go back to Japan! But these memories will scar me forever...

"Ayano..." I looked up to see my mom looking at me, smiling. 

"Here is your school uniform. Your brother already went to school early. Could you bring his lunch to him? He forgot his lunch home." My eyes widened. 

"Onii-chan..." I mumbled softly to myself. 

"What was that honey?"

"O-Oh nothing! Of course! I'll bring him his lunch! I should start getting dressed right now." I smiled and she left. I quickly closed the door. I wonder what he looks like now. 

I got changed and went towards 'Karasuno High School', which is where I'll go next year! I started to get nervous. What if he thinks I'm ugly now! Am I ugly? No. I'm fabulous!

I went through the gate and went to the office. 

"H-Hello...do you know where Kageyama Tobio is? I came to give him his lunch..." oh my god I'm so awkward! What do I do! I'm blushing like crazy now! Hurry up and say something lady!

"O-Oh, he's in that building." she said pointing at the map of the school. 

"Th-Thank you..." Thank god! I'm so nervous I could burst right now!

I stood in front of the door. I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. There was a bunch of guys throwing volleyballs. I gulped. I can see their muscles...

"Is there anything you need?" I turned to a beautiful looking lady. Compared to me...I probably look like some hobo...

"I came to s-see m-" I was cut-off by a sudden voice.

"Crap! I forgot my lunch!" I turned to see a guy with black hair...who looks like me...that has to be...

I run towards onii-chan. I ignored all the stares I got. He was HERE! I ran up and finally hugged him as if my life depended on him. 

I could feel him jump and look back. His eyes widen at me. 

"A-Ayano?" I blushed. He remembers me...

"KAGEYAMA! YOU HAD A GIRLFRIEND? HOW COME YOU DIDN'T TELL US! YOU MEANIE!" I blushed at that word. 

"Idiot. She's not my girlfriend. She's my little sister." They all stared at us blankly. 

"SISTER?!" I hid behind my older brother. How am I going to survive in this world?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooooo...? How was my first chapter? I know it's kind of boring right now but it will start getting better in the next chapter..which I did not make yet but...I'll update soon! This is my first time writing a book so...

Updated: August 23, 2016