5: Doubts

Story by: WaffleNeko

"A-Arthur... I-... I don't know..." You muttered, still in his warm embrace.

He let go of you, "What do you mean?" You saw his eyes full of anger and sadness; you weren't really sure.

"I don't know if I can ever love you again, even if I get back my memories," You looked down. You words caused his eyes to grow wide, tears at the edge.

"N-No! It's not really like that! I-I just mean that-... Look, I'm just not sure. We don't know what will happen. We all changed. I changed, you changed, doesn't it mean that it stays in the past?" Your words were verbal bullets going on non-stop, shooting him more misery.

He sniffled and wiped the tear edges, somehow he felt more confident.

"We just have to find out, love. I've been waiting 12 years, (y/n). It's been too long and I just can give up now."

You nodded as a simple response.

"Hey, maybe I know where to go!" Arthur suggested and gave a cheeky smile.
__________

"Hello. I'm Japan."

"Uhh.... Arthur..." You felt uncomfortable with him wearing glasses. Especially when the Japanese man is wearing glasses WITH NO LENSES AT ALL.

"Dude... Your glasses have no lenses..." You wanted to reassure that he's not crazy or anything, "Plus your reading glasses are all the way there."

You pointed to a coffee table, with a pile of books on top. On top of the books had his reading glasses— which you can obviously tell because it actually had lenses.

"O-Oh, well, yes, but," He coughed and took of his glasses. His accent was clear to you, now it makes you wonder why everyone around you has an accent.

"I use these glasses for cosplay purposes." He threw the pair of glasses in a box filled with other colorful pairs.

He sighed, "Anyways. What do you want?"

"We want to know where the industry is and where they hid her memories. You, as the county of Japan, have advanced technology. So I'm guessing you can help us?" Arthur protested. This Japanese man didn't really want anyone to call him by his human name. I wonder why?

"Well, Arthur-san, all I can tell you is that they're still in the same building when you investigated before. Hold on, I'll do more research," He said facing to his... Weirdly developed computer.

"AND WHY THE FUCKING HELL IS IT CALLED WENDIGOS? IT SOUNDS STUPID!!" You shouted. You regretted doing that because it seemed disrespectful.

He sighed, "(Y/n)-san, it used to be a Toy Company. Well... That is until the old owner left the business and died. It was abandoned ever since. The company used to sell weird cheap figures that look like those Chinese copy-cat figurines," He shuddered, "It creeped me out... That's why the old owner left it I guess. After Gilbert, I mean Prussia, turned insane, he used the abandoned building. The police didn't find out since they still distributed the old toys, plus, Arthur didn't tell the others yet since he's to lazy to go back to headquarters..."

"HEY! A-Ahem. I'm not lazy. I'm just not in interest to go back to the other side of my country," He placed in a 'gentlemanly' way.

"In other words...?" He doubted.

Arthur sighed, "I didn't pay the pubs I owed," Kiku snorted.

"I think I should tell you more," Kiku smirked. "Hmm... This is the part where it gets more yaoi. So, before the certain Prussian went mad, he killed his own brother. The German talked about how his brother wasn't a country anymore and he should just back off. The Prussian argued about how he is the big brother and he doesn't want to let his brother be gay. In furious actions, Prussia accidentally killed Germany."

"WHAT?!" You gasped.

"Hey, chillax. Countries can regenerate. We can just have really bad amnesia... Like you."

"Stop teasing, Kiku," Arthur glared.

"I-I don't have really bad amnesia!" You puffed.

"Now the hidden business they have in that building is revenge seeking. They hire assassins and their pay is hard cold cash. Yup that's it." Kiku added.

"Wait... Arthur... I thought you said they feast on the client's body?!" You shocked.

"U-Uhh-... Yes, the old rituals..." He worried.

"Ah, Arthur, always so protective," Yet again, Kiku teased.

"Love..." You muttered.

Arthur kinda blushed at what she just said.

"Who did Germany love?" Your curiosity took over.

Kiku closed his eyes and he smiled. As you waited, tears started streaming down his cheeks, "W-We were so c-close... W-Where did that f-friendship go...?"

He clutched on his lap while you and Arthur looked at him with worry and sadness, a sad look in your eyes.

"He was a certain...."

"...Italian man..."

To be continued...

Poor Kikukins. He's so 707 here it's OCD wtf