3: The Truth Can Destroy You

Story by: WaffleNeko

"UGHHH!" You shouted and groaned as you slammed your alarm clock with your hand.

"Just a normal day... Oh wait, no! I reached that one point in life where a detective is now stuck with you for more than a month. It's probably just second puberty!" You talked to yourself, though it did seem like you were going mad.

You took a quick shower and brushed your teeth. You had trouble with brushing your hair, considering it had loops and tangles, it was also wet.

You got your clothes and your I.D to wear, and as soon as you knew it, you were out of your room.
_________

You adjusted your bag on your back, since your school was really near, you just had to walk.

You reached the school's gate. And surprisingly, there was a boy with blonde hair and noticeable thick eyebrows. Arthur.

"Ah, hello, love. It's nice to see you again," He smiled at you.

A few people walked pass you and started staring.

"(Y/n), is that your boyfriend? I'm so glad you have one now!" Ivan smiled at you. He was one of your closest friends, but not too close that you hanged out with him.

"Really? He good-looking, but I have my big bruder!" Ivan's sister hugged Ivan and he was really uncomfortable.

"Are you sure? Are you single?"

"Damn, how did she get him?"

Some girls started murmuring as you felt uncomfortable. You hated this. You wanted to be saved, but no one could.

But just as you thought your life was over, Arthur brought you to a hug, his right hand embracing your head to his chest while his left hand intertwined with your free hand.

"Yes, she is my girlfriend, and I have no intention of finding anyone else." He shouted to the small crowds proudly. The hand that embrace your head was out of its position, now, it was on your chin. He brought it up an gave you a quick peck on the lips.

After that, you could hear the loud screams of the fangirls everywhere while the boys were cheering at him. As the crowd started to fade away, you punched him playfully on the arm, "What was that about?" You laughed as you walked beside him.

"I'm new here, plus you're one of the only people knows my real identity. And I just don't want to get into any funny business in this school," He explained.

You sighed, but yet again, he side hugged you.

"Oi, no one is looking, you can cut the act now, you know. You can stop pretending?" You looked up at him, however, he didn't listen, he kept a contented smile on his face while you were still warm in his embrace.

Though it didn't seem like it, you were mentally screaming in your head, like, REALLY LOUD FANGIRLING.

Though you still thought that Arthur was just pretending, you didn't know that he was growing feeling for you.
__________

"Oh my god, Arthur, you're amazing!" You basically jumped all around him and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Oh, that was nothing..." He smirked.

"Nothing?! Even the academic dudes couldn't even memorize the recitation in a day, and there you were! You memorized it for 6 minutes and volunteered to do it! Not to mention math class!" You basically fangirled about your boyfriend.

"Do you want me to teach you math or other subjects? I could always go to your house, after all, I just live next to you, and I know where you keep your spare keys..." He bragged to you. And he actually knows where you keep your spare key...?

The both of you walked to the cafeteria, you introduced and pointed at all the stalls there, yet it seemed like he didn't like any of them.

"OH! Tino!" You ran to him and hugged him.

"(Y/N)!!" He ran to you and hugged you as well. You turned back to Arthur and introduced him.

"Arthur, this is Tino! We've been friends, for like, forever! We did get separated for a while, but he transferred here to England! Best friend goals, right?!" You smiled and giggled a bit.

He loved your soft and caring smile. It was like he saw it before... Somewhere in the past...

"Arthur Kirkland. Nice to meet you..." He smiled, but his eye expression had a mad touch to it.

"Tino. (Y/n)'s bestfriend. Who are you in her life? Tino glared but smiled at the same time at Arthur. He usually wasn't like this...

"Her boyfriend," He grabbed (y/n)'s hand and held it for proof. And yet again, you were fangirling in your mind.

After school, you noticed that Tino kept on glaring and annoying Arthur. You offered that all of you would walk home together. But all you had to stay for a science project. You noticed that everyone was already gone and the guards were at their breaks once you were finished with your projects. So it was just basically you, Tino, and Arthur.

As you were about to go out the gate, Tino spoke up, "Hey guys, I need to go to the restroom." He pointed out to the bathroom stalls and left.

You and Arthur felt awkward.

"Hey, Arthur? How long are you going to stay here? Like being a detective and all? And why did you become a detective? Just curious though...!" You were asking so many questions he just had to answer it.

"When I was at my old home, I used to look at a girl. She was still a little girl, and so I played with her. I didn't age, so I watched her grow into a teen, we used to play detective all the time. Then one day, she was gone..." He smiled at you.

"Really? I used to play with my dad's friend when I was still at Finland, we used to play detective all the time! He also liked to tell me fancy literature poems, hey! Like the one you did at class a while ago!" You had a big grin that seemed like it warmed his heart.

And so, another awkward silence took over.

"Hey, what's taking Tino so long? We should take a look to see if he's alright..." You suggested and Arthur nodded.

As you walked to the small building with the bathroom stalls, you nearly fainted.

He had a knife, a dead student was on the floor. Tino was washing the knife and was about to grab the mop.

You were shaking, heart beating fast, you just... Couldn't accept this.

"(Y-Y/n), it's not what it looks like!" He had puppy eyes. The merciful ones.

"Stand back, (y/n). He's not your bestfriend." Arthur placed a hand in front of you.

Tino started to laugh maniacally, it was so evil, "Aren't you clever?"

"That's right (y/n)...", Arthur started, "he's..."

Tino stopped laughing, "THE ONE AND ONLY!–

I'M THE JACK THE RIPPER!"

To Be Continued...

So Black Butler oh my god. Why. Why. I just finished the series so maybe it's that??

Welp, leave a vote? Comment? FOLLOW??