Chapter 2

Ces: Enjoy Reading!

*=*

Chapter 2 "Chosen" 

Third Person's POV

After two years. . .

Bill sighed at the memory. He could still remember how sassy George is that day. And how he actually managed to drink two dozens of Pitt cola and drunk himself again. Who could even be drunk by drinking a softdrink!?

He chuckled as a thick stapled papers was thrown on his face.

And it was thrown by his manager, Melinda, who is furious since he isn't even listening at her the whole goddamn hour!

The four more people at the table sweat dropped and just sighed. They are all used to this. It ain't even that harsh! They saw Melinda throw a scissor at him once without hesitation.

Jonas, his brand manager, smirked hesitantly. "Mr. Cipher, please pay attention." Then a small laugh, "or else Ms. Cole will seriously throw a scissor at you again." 

The woman next to him chuckled. A girl with a small frame for a body, black hair that's cut above the shoulder. With her black eyes hidden behind the full framed glasses. Her name is Karen Yui, his agent.

"It won't be bad to see that again, right? It was really funny." She says.

"Uhg. Don't encourage Melly, Karen. I don't want to end up having bruises in my face." The man at the other side of the table groaned, rolling his eyes. This man is Bill's publicist, his name is Oscar Shaw.

Melinda rolled her eyes. She composed herself and tugged the strands of her hair at the back of her ear, "this is serious, Bill. So please listen carefully." She explained, trying not to snap at him again.

Bill pouted. "I am listening! Look, I'm all set if Karen's gonna make a contract with the studio for me playing the role. I'm all good. I did some research about it already last time so I'm okay with it!" He defend. Although he has no idea at all what is happening.

The red haired glared at him and surrendered anyways. Who would win over this idiot after all? She shot a glance to Karen, who knew completely what she meant and stood up from her seat.

"Well if you are willing to then I am glad. The papers that Melinda threw at you is your script for the following show season." She took over the meeting and stood tall in front the others with a small smile.

"You are playing the role of Dean, the protagonist's older brother." That took Bill's interest and quickly checked the script.

He flipped it and scanned it as always.

Karen was glad how diligent he can be sometimes. "The protagonist's name is Sarah, your little sister and she has a mental need. You're going to be the type of brother that is over-protective and is very doting." She chuckled.

Bill stared at the last scene and smirked. He tapped the papers down and winked at her, "done!"

Karen nodded and looked next to Gabriella, the financial manager. "Any updates for the applicants?" She asked.

Applicants? Bill eyed them suspiciously. 

Gabriella nodded and gave her a thin listings of the applicants. "They seem all nice. Oscar and I managed to finished them all and chose the right ones for him." She explained with Oscar nodding away.

"We picked fifty applicants for him." Oscar followed.

Karen scanned the listing. She likes one of them though. Most of them are women but there are some are men. And she liked one man's resume. She hummed, "i like this one." She pointed and showed it next to Melinda.

That made Melinda smile wide. "This guy is interesting." She sat back with her arms crossed, "i approve of him." She say.

"Me too. But we have to ask the boss' opinion."

Now the attention is all in him. Bill sweat dropped, "i have no idea what you are talking about that's why you have to explain this first." He replied.

"We're getting you a personal assistant."

"What!?" Bill shot up from his seat with a shocked expression in his face. He can't believe what he is hearing right now. "Why now of all times, you'll get me a personal assistant!?" He exclaimed.

"Wow~" Melinda narrowed her eyes away, "want me to make a one-hour presentation of you needing a P.A?" If they needed one, she has one ready for this and every occasion.

Karen sighed helplessly, losing the smile off. "I'm sorry, Bill. But you really need PA. You can't just keep bugging Melinda when you're drunk or you just have some free time to annoy someone." She explained.

Oscar smirked. "Hah. You're gonna have a babysitter!" He teased, laughing his ass off. Jonas couldn't help but to laugh it off too.

Karen hushed the two as she stared back to Bill's eyes as she passed him the lists. "Pick properly." She says.

Pick properly? Are you crazy! He's not going to have personal assistant take his fun down! Besides he has the full power of firing him in any time. He can use that power any time he wants and no one can stop him. 

And so, having a full confidence of his own power. He picked randomly without a care.

"thirty six."

He passed the lists and Karen checked it with Melinda and the others next to her, breathing in each other's necks. It took like forever to finally found the applicant. When they did found the applicant.

Melinda scanned the resume quickly and smiled brightly. "It's my bet!" She exclaimed, beaming.

The others were fine with the random pick too. Except for Oscar who is really irritated with the look on the applicant's face. He doesn't know why but he just did.

Karen smiled at Bill and said, "your personal assistant's name is Mason Pines, 23, prefers to be called 'Dipper'" She said with a slight tease at the blond.

Gabriella giggled. "He's a good pick, Mr. Cipher." She says and all of them agreed.

Bill felt that karma just stabbed him in the back. He randomly picked the right person for the job! He couldn't believe what he just did! He glared at them with a hesitant expression.

"I-I'll change it! I'll pick a another one!" He exclaimed.

"I told you to pick properly, Bill. No take backs and no refunds." Karen hummed.

Bill begged. "Oh come on please! Please please please-"

"Now you're just acting like a child." She sighed heavily and passed the lists to Oscar, she faced him and said, "i want to meet him. Make a meeting with Melinda and I, please." 

Oscar smiled and nodded, "of course."

Bill groaned loudly and he really wants to cry right now. But he has a reputation to hold and pride too. He glared to all of them and stomped away, "i hate all of you!" He yelled and left the Meeting Room with a bang.

Jonas laughed. "He's such a kid." He wheezed.

"And that is why, he needs a personal assistant." Melinda said.

Karen looked at the applicant's resume and was fairly impressed by his accomplishments. It questions her mind, why does he need to apply for being a personal assistant when he can go straight as a Editor or a Reporter.

She hummed and gave eye contact to all of them. "Let's do this, ladies and gents." 

*=*

Ces: finally it's finish. Jesus. Votes and comments are appreciated!

Words: 1239