11《I Don't Even Know Who You Are》

' Words: Both the power to break a will. And the power to break one.'

+-+-+

I don't know.

I don't know what happened.

What did I do?

My hand quivers, irritating the cuts on my arm. I inhale and close my eyes, burying my head into my knees, insulating warmth as I hug them closer to my chest.

' For somebody who just got three days suspension because of you, you could at least say something.' Jake's words reverberated through my mind endlessly. I feel sick, and that's to be truthful. How could I drag someone so low into a mess like this. He's right, I got him suspended. This is my fault. I shouldn't have gotten too attached to him. But why is he blaming me? He was the one that humiliated me in front of the entire school. I was a laughing stalk. He deserves this. Is he not what he seems? Is he really this arrogant and thinks it's all my fault?

No, no, just stop. Stop. Over-thinking this. Stop it, Camille. You're such a fool.

My fingers coil around my wrist, a mild stinging sensation starting to waver about my arm. My mind is not right. I hate it. I hate myself. I hate myself for not being positive. What is it like to be just happy? To not worry too much. To not feel so worthless. It's killing me. She's killing me and it hurts so much. No matter how happy I can be she strikes when the iron is hot, weighing me down.

Inhaling and exhaling. " I'm such a fool."

His look of anguish. His glistening chocolate brown eyes showed so much disappointment. I blink back tears. What am I doing with my life? What am I doing at all?

~×∆×~

I reluctantly turn to the buzzing of my phone at the side of my bed.

Monday 8:20PM

Mom:

Honey, please come home. I heard what happened we need to talk about it.

8:20PM
Camille, Ray isn't here. Please. He's working late.

8:21PM
I'm not mad at you.

Ray doesn't have to know.

I squint, clenching my jaw at the messages. So what if Ray isn't home? He will be. Drunken. Abusive. My mother is blind to be a man like him. Does she not see how he is?

8:28PM
Tell your brother to answer his phone, please. He will bring you home.

Brooks is actually out drinking with his 'friends'. Probably with some girls. If he even lost his phone he wouldn't answer it anyway.

8:28PM
Camille answer me please.