chapter thirteen

Dedicated to heyy12363, for making my day with her sweet comment!

     Rosemary was freaking out. 

     Her husband had been daggered, again, and she had no idea where he was. Her first guess was the mansion, but when she went there she found no one home. She tried dialing Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah numerous times in under ten minutes. 

    It took her a while, but Rosemary finally realized. Kol was fine. He wasn't daggered anymore. Then why did she feel uneasy? She felt betrayed, hurt and angry as hell. Images flashed through her head. She shut her eyes and clutched her head in her hands, fingers digging into her scalp. She silently pleaded for the pain in her head to stop. She concentrated on the images in her mind. A fire, the Mikaelson brothers and Esther. She felt Kols rage, murderous thoughts filled her head. She took a deep breath and focused on drawing some of his rage from him. She didn't want him to do anything that he would regret. And so what if she got mad? She was alone in the house. Or so she thought.

    "What's going on?" A voice asked from behind her. Rosemary whirled around and stared at the human in front of her. Alexia. She narrowed her eyes at the brunette. 

    "You," she growled. She marched up to the girl, her hands curling into fists. "Why did you get to stay alive? Why do you have what was stolen from me?" 

    Alexia looked terrified, and some sadistic part of Rosemary enjoyed it. "Rose, please," Alexia pleaded, walking backwards. Her hands were up in the air in front of her, a weak barrier between the prey and the predator. 

    "What do you think Klaus would do if I kill you?" Rosemary murmured. "Dagger Kol again? Kill him?" she suggested. "Or would he kill me?" she asked. 

    "Rose, we're friends, aren't we? Don't do this," Alexia said, her voice cracking. She backed up into the wall, something that startled her. Rosemary tilted her head to the side. 

    "We're friends?" Rosemary questioned, her eyebrows raised. "Friends," she then snorted. She looked up at the ceiling and calmed down a bit. "You're coming with me," Rosemary decided and grabbed Alexias arm. She then sped out of the room and into the woods, where Kol was.

    When Rosemary finally came to a stop, they were in the middle of a clearing. A circle was drawn on the grass and inside it stood Finn and Esther. Five burning torches stood on every edge of the pentagram drawn inside the circle. Kol, Klaus and Elijah were standing outside of the circle. They were soon joined by Rosemary and Alexia. 

    "What's going on?" Alexia demanded. Klaus looked at her and then at Rosemary. 

    "You brought her here?" Klaus asked. Rosemary ignored him and let go of Alexia. She walked up to Kol and cradled his face in her hands. She did a quick check-up on him to make sure he was unharmed. 

     "What happened?" Rosemary asked, eyebrows furrowed and her rage completely gone. "I felt you being daggered again," she said. 

    "I'll explain later," Kol murmured. He held her hand and looked at his mother. Rosemary nodded and turned to look at the she-devil. 

    "You're planning on killing all of them, aren't you?" Rosemary asked. She let go of Kol's hand and stepped closer to the circle. She crossed her arms and tilted her head to the side. "You think that what you're doing is honourable," she guessed. "News flash, it isn't," Rosemary said. 

    "Whatever you think of us, killing your own children would be an atrocity," Elijah agreed. 

    "My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago," Esther claimed.