Request - Kol Mikaelson "An Awful Lot of Darkness" (Sequel)

Sequel to: "Long Lost Lovers" (August 2016)

Triggerwarning: Violence towards innocent bystanders

He counted to ten. To twenty. To hundred. Then he realized that counting wasn't going to help. Not even when he would count to a million or a billion. The only thing he could do to make sure he wouldn't end up killing you, was running away.

His steps running down the stairs echoed through the entire house. Every vampire in the dining room most certainly heard the slam of the door. They would probably ask you what had happened. Hopefully you would dare to give them an honest answer.

While his feet carried him as fast as humanly possible, his lungs started to protest. But no matter how far away he ran, your words kept on echoing through his mind.

"You were the one who gave me up."

Kol pressed his hands to his ears while he kept on running. He could feel the magic rolling through his veins. His head was filled with latin words, with spells that could burn houses, spells that could make someone's blood boil, spells that could break hearts and damage brains.

"I'm with Lucien and I'm happy."

Kol stood still in the middle of the square in front of the church.

Even though the darkness had already set, the square was filled with people. Some people were sitting on the benches to check the messages on their phones. Other people were staring at each other as if the rest of the world didn't exist. A few people were trying to earn money by painting portraits of pretty girls.

Kol lifted his arms up in front of him and he closed his eyes while he threw his head in his neck. "Incendia!" He hissed the word between his teeth and he opened his eyes again when people started screaming.

Nothing was as burnable as the human body.

"Kol..."

With a shock he turned around. His entire body was shaking and trembling, but he didn't stop the fire. He didn't want to stop the fire. He had to burn something, someone. And he couldn't burn you.

"Kol, please, stop..." You pressed the palms of your hands to his cheeks. "This is not you! This is not the boy I once loved!" Your eyes were wide open, tears were rolling down your cheeks.

"The boy you once loved died the moment he had to leave you." Kol whispered, ignoring the heartbreaking sounds of dying people, ignoring the overwhelming smell of burning flesh. "And he died again when you told him he would never win you back."

You shook your head and raised your eyebrows. "You're gonna blame me for this? You're gonna blame me for the monster you've become? You're gonna let your entire state of being depend on whether a girl loves you or not?" You paused for a moment and dropped your arms again. "I don't want to be responsible for your darkness, Kol. Because there is only one person responsible for the trail of bodies you leave behind. You." You turned around and walked away from him, faster and faster until you were completely out of sight.

When Kol turned around again he saw nothing but burning corpses. In the distance he saw people making their way to the square to check what was going on. He had a nice surprise for them. "Lihednat Dolchitni!" He pointed the palm of his hands towards the nearing strangers, smiling because he knew that this would be their last breath.