Request - Kol Mikaelson "Locking out the world" (Sequel)

Sequel to: Long Lost Lover (August 2016), "An Awful Lot of Darkness", "A few steps too far", "What is this feeling?", "Drowning Worries" and "Headache".

"Kol?" You knocked on the wooden door of his bedroom again, but Kol didn't answer.

He didn't want to see you anymore. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not in a week. Not in a month. He had told you what he wanted you to know and there it had ended.

You had not told him that you loved him more than you had ever loved Lucien. You had not told him that you would put him first for the rest of your life. You had not told him that you would kill anyone and everyone you needed to kill to show him how much he meant to you. You had simply left his room without saying another word.

"Kol..." Rebekah pushed her shoulder against the door, but even though the sound echoed through the entire mansion, the door didn't move an inch.

Kol didn't even want to see his own family anymore. He didn't want to hear dumb excuses. He didn't want to hear their so called family credo always and forever. He had never been a part of that promise anyway.

"You need to eat something, Kol." Your voice still was like music to his ears, but he grabbed a pillow and pulled it over his head.

He knew how long people could live without eating anything and he was certain he had a couple of days before it would get problematic. He didn't need to eat anything if he didn't want to.

"Kol Mikaelson! You're behaving like a rotten, spoiled little child. It's just a bloody hangover." Rebekah was clearly losing her patience while she kept on struggling with the door and the lock.

Kol had always been sad that he had had to give up his magic when their mother had turned them into vampires. Even though witches and warlocks were only human, he had known better than anyone that in the end they were the stronger species.

Magic had made the Mikaelsons vampires. Magic could weaken, hurt and break them too.

Kol wondered how long it would take until she had figured out that even her vampire powers wouldn't be enough to get into this room.

"Fine..." You sighed. "If you want to spend the rest of your mortal life feeling miserable and alone, be my guest. I've tried to be nice to you and I've tried to be your friend, but if you only want friends who treat you like the king of the world I wish you good luck with the rest of your life."

Kol didn't have his vampire hearing anymore, but he could hear your footsteps dying away, followed by the ticking of his sister's high heels. He rolled his eyes.

Your attempt to prove him wrong had not been that impressive. You had dragged him home from a local bar, had yelled at him while having a headache and had given up on knocking on the door after barely five minutes.

Maybe he wanted too much, but he knew one thing for sure. He deserved far more than you and his family would ever give him.