Kol Mikaelson - "I'm telling you I'm haunted!"

"No..." You turned your head from one side to the other and didn't even notice that the book you were reading fell on the floor. "No, please!" Your skin was covered in pearls of sweat and your cheeks were glowing. "I'm not wearing a dress. Please!" You raised your voice and your hands hit the innocent warm summer air surrounding you.

"Darling..." Kol put his book aside and pushed himself up from the comfortable chair next to the swimming pool. "Darling?" He placed a hand on your shoulder and his lips curled up into a smile when your eyes flashed open. "I'm sorry to wake you up, but this might not be the best place to have a nightmare." He winked and you took a few deep breaths to steady your heartbeat. "Do I want to know what this one was about?" Kol raised his eyebrows.

During the last few weeks you had had nightmares more often and time after time you had said the strangest things. If you had not woken up in panic each and every time it had happened, Kol would even go as far and call it amusing. Only you would manage to have nightmares while spending a long and relaxing holiday at the Cote D'azur.

"You mentioned something about not wanting to wear a dress." Kol sat down on the edge of your seat and little lights were twinkling in his eyes while he locked his glance with yours. "I do have to admit, that sounds like a very scary image indeed." Kol grinned. He had been able to make you wear a dress more than once before and he knew that if his siblings would throw another ball, he would be able to make you wear one again. He had discovered that you did seem to enjoy the promise of him tearing the dress off of you by the end of the night.

"I don't know what's going on either." You shook your head and sighed when you noticed that a few of the pages of your brand new book were harmed by your most recent nightmare. "I had a bad dream again." You took a deep breath and licked your lips. "I'm telling you, I'm haunted. Some witch placed a curse on me, or something." You tried to undamage the pages as well as you could, but you failed hopelessly. You knew that it didn't matter and that Kol would buy you a new book, if you really wanted an undamaged one, but it didn't seem to be the right moment to bring that up.

"If a witch had done something like that, I would have known." Kol pressed the back of his hand to your forehead. "I might not have the powers anymore, but I do know when magical things are disturbing natural habits." He moved his hand to your cheek. "But I do get the impression that you might suffer from something I have simply not thought about." He kissed your forehead before he gently lifted you up. "I think we have enjoyed the sun a little too much lately. My ring might protect me, but I don't think suncream has been able to fully protect you."

"You think I have a heat exhaustion?" You raised your eyebrows, but you didn't protest and didn't attempt to free yourself from his embrace. "And here I thought you could only get that if you were actually being active in the heat. We have been doing nothing for at least three weeks!"

"I prefer being safe over being sorry, darling." Kol didn't mind the staring glances while he carried you across the hotel lobby to your shared room. "I will keep you out of the sun for awhile, I think." He grinned and when he opened the door to your room he winked. "And don't worry, I will make sure you won't get bored."