Chapter 7 ~ So Close to Home

Things weren't the best for Harry and I. It just got worse for us every night. I refused to eat a lot whenever we ate dinner. I thought Mrs. Weasley had noticed this, but I didn't pay attention to her. Harry was making her become worried as well.

The last day at Headquarters, after dinner, I headed to my room when I saw Harry with his back against the wall and he was crying his eyes out.

I went to him and leaned down towards his face. "Harry? Are you okay?"

He just looked at me. "Max, am I a bad person?"

I looked at him with sadness. "No, Harry." I wanted to cry myself. I pulled him in for a hug as he cried on my shoulder. "Hey, it's okay, Harry."

He pulled away and looked at me. I wiped his tears that were still falling from his face. "Can I stay with you tonight?" he asked. I nodded in response. "You're the best sister ever."

I smiled a little. "I know."

He smiled weakly and headed off to his room. I went into my room and started reading over all my books that I needed this year. They were all boring books, but I was bored and had nothing else better to do. I was also worried about Harry. He was so upset earlier, and I was worried that it would get worse when we went back to school. But what if it happened to me as well?

Around eleven o'clock, Harry came into my room. His eyes were still red, but at least he wasn't crying like earlier.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," he replied.

"Do you feel better?"

He sniffled a little before he answered. "Yeah." He crawled into bed with me and placed his glasses on the bedside table. He laid down on his side and looked at me while I was looking at the ceiling. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," I replied.

"No, you're not. Is it Cedric?" I looked at him and nodded. "I'm sorry."

I shrugged and turned away to face him. "I don't want to talk about it."

Harry grabbed my waist and turned me around again. "Maybe you should talk about it."

"No, Harry."

"Why not?"

"It's too painful to talk about." I felt tears springing in my eyes. So, I looked back up at the ceiling.

"Max, look at me." I looked at him. "I've learned that talking about things that are painful makes it better. I don't know what pain you're feeling right now, but you know you can talk to me."

"You're right, you don't know what pain I'm feeling right now. You didn't have a girlfriend that was murdered right in front of you."

Harry sighed. "I'm sorry that I even said anything."

"I'll talk to you about it some other time."

"Fine."

Our eyes finally shut and we fell asleep.

*******

It was finally time to go back to Hogwarts and I was more happy than ever. Despite everyone probably talking about us, I knew that Harry and I would get through it.

At the station, a dog started barking beside Moody. "Padfoot! You'll blow up the entire operation with all that barking!" We saw the dog go into a room and he transformed into a human.

Harry slid into the room, followed by me. "Sirius, what are you doing here? If someone sees you--"

"Harry, what's life without a little risk? You and Max, of all people, should know what it's like to risk your life." He grinned at us and motioned us to sit down.