Chapter 14 ~ All About Control

By the time I was done telling Harry everything, I started crying again. "I'm sorry, Harry. I didn't mean to use that spell. I honestly didn't. You shouldn't forgive me. I'm such a horrible sister."

He shook his head in disbelief. "No, Max. You don't have to be sorry about anything. It's me who has to apologize. I didn't mean anything I said to you. I did it all out of anger." He was crying as well. "The last few weeks have been miserable for me. I missed you trying to cheer me up."

"I know how you feel," I sniffled. "I just don't know how you can forgive me for doing such a horrible thing to you."

"You're my sister, Max. I'm here by your side. I'll never leave you, I promise." I pulled him in for a hug and he obliged, hugging me back. "I missed these, too."

I chuckled. "Me, too." After I pulled away, we went back to talking. "So is there anything else I don't know about?"

"Well..." Oh, snap. He was blushing. "I kissed Cho Chang."

"What?"

"Okay, I know you don't like her--"

"Was that your first kiss?" I didn't even care about Cho anymore.

"Maybe," he replied, blushing.

"My brother got his first kiss!" I squealed. Harry was trying to make me be quiet while laughing at the same time. "Right. Sorry."

"Now that we're talking about kissing, why did you kiss Ron?"

My smile turned into a frown. I sighed and looked into the fire. "Honestly, I have no idea. I mean, we were talking and there were mistletoe all of a sudden and I just...had this urge to kiss him. It just happened, really."

He nodded. "Well, things do happen in unexpected ways." it was silent for a moment. Then Harry spoke up again. "You know, you're a really good teacher. Neville's come a long way."

"I know. I'm proud of him."

Suddenly, our eyes finally gave out on us and we fell asleep on the couch.

*******

The next night was torture. I had another nightmare. And it was the worst dream I could ever imagine. It looked as though I was a snake, slithering on the floor. I was at the Ministry of Magic.

"Voldemort may be after something," I heard Sirius' voice. "Something he didn't have last time."

I was now in a room full of little balls. There was a man in there. When he turned around, I saw his face. It was Mr. Weasley.

"No. Don't kill him," I begged.

But the snake, or me, started attacking him. I was yelling in my sleep, grunting, gasping. Mr. Weasley was all bloody by the time the attack was done.

"Max! Max, wake up!" I shot up and saw it was Ginny this time. "What is it?"

"Ginny...your dad..." I said in between pants. "He's been attacked."

*******

"In the dream, were you standing next to the victim or looking down at the scene?" Dumbledore asked. Harry had the same dream as well.

"Neither," we replied.

"Will you please tell us what's happening?" Harry asked him.

But Dumbledore was ignoring us and we were still trying to get his attention. "Next we need to--"

"LOOK AT US!" I yelled. Dumbledore looked at me with shock. "What's happening to us?"

"Miss Potter, calm down," he said calmly.