Cast List

Jacob Tremblay as Jon Solo.

Alden Ehrenreich as Young Han Solo (Prologue only)

Harrison Ford as Han Solo

Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker

Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia Organa

Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca

Anthony Daniels as C-3PO

Kenny Baker as R2-D2

Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi

David Prowse as Darth Vader (Body)

James Earl Jones as Darth Vader (Voice)

Jeff Bridges as William "Will" Montressor (Prologue only)

Maggie Smith as Elizabeth Montressor (Prologue only)

A few notes on the casting:

1.) When I first got the idea for this story, Jacob Tremblay (Room) was who I had pictured playing Jon Solo from the very beginning. I think he's just such an adorable and very talented young actor. He's also a HUGE Star Wars fan. He's often said that it's his dream to be in a Star Wars movie. So, in a way, I'm helping him to fulfill that dream.

2.) It was recently officially confirmed that Alden Ehrenreich (Hail, Caesar!) had in fact been cast as Young Han Solo in the Han Solo prequel movie. (And from what I've heard, there's a possibility of that one movie being just the first in a Han Solo prequel trilogy.) To be honest, Alden Ehrenreich was not my first choice to play Young Han. I would have gone with an actor named Anthony Ingruber. He is best known for playing the younger William Jones, whom, as an older man, was played by Harrison Ford, in the movie The Age of Adaline.  (A movie I've never actually seen, by the way.) But as Alden Ehrenreich actually got the role of Han, I do wish him all the best of luck. And I guess that now, it's only fair for me to cast him as Young Han in the prologue of this story.

3.) At the risk of making many people mad, Darth Vader won't be as prominently featured in this story as he is in the movie. The reason for that is because I have a plan for Jon Solo to only actually  see him once, when Vader kills Obi-Wan. But as Vader is such an iconic character, I felt that I just had to add his name to the cast list.

4.) You'll have to wait until the actual prologue to find out who Will and Elizabeth Montressor are. But I can tell you that their names are  references to Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, from Pirates of the Caribbean. And  I chose for them to be played by Jeff Bridges and Maggie Smith, because Will and Elizabeth are older characters, and I love both Jeff Bridges and Maggie Smith.