Chapter 5

And there he stood - with open arms as I exited the $2.5 million car. With a smile on his face, I couldn't help but smirk - his smile was infectious. Like a Cheshire grin. Kol really did have the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks, I saw for myself at the Mikaelson ball; the sudden short pause of a females expression when they looked his way, followed by an overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a weak smile. It merely helped as he was so modest, all the girls fell for him. Even me.

"Darling, you lol absolutely stunning!" - he exclaimedI smiled and greeted him with a kiss on the cheek

I smiled and greeted him with a kiss on the cheek.
"Thankyou so much for inviting me, Kol"
"My pleasure, welcome to our humble abode - for the second time of course"
We began walking inside, I felt slight uneasy. 2 waiters held the door and offered to take my coat - as I walked through my eyes fixed the room, the modesty of this situation. I was actually here. The chandelier twinkled in the dimmed light, radiation towards the rather large family portrait within the centre of the scarlet patterned wall, Klaus in the centre of the portrait, of course. I took a deep breath.

We walked further towards the back of the mansion, holding Kols arm, almost like a married couple - as my Gucci heels echoed against the pale marble floor. I found myself gripping onto Kols arm tighter, becoming more tense as we paced towards the grand dining room. He felt my grip tightening and glanced my way.

"I'm sorry" I exclaimed "I never have thought I would have been so anxious - you understand your family are of great power

"I'm sorry" I exclaimed "I never have thought I would have been so anxious - you understand your family are of great power..."
"Not to worry my dear, I won't let you fall. Just be yourself. Your beautiful self"
His voice was becoming more soothing, darker maybe.

He then took my hand, I now felt at ease, holding felt as if I was holding the hand of God.  As his right thumb ribbed against our enclosed hand, I realised he was comforting me. He then gave me a reassuring smile as the doors opened to the dining room. A large circular table stood within the middle, the Mikaelsons dined like royalty, with candles lit within the centre, followed with sterling silver cutlery and plates.
A waiter stepped forward.
"Pardon me Mr Mikaelson and Miss Fitzgerald, If you would like to take a seat, the rest of the family will be joining us shortly" - a sigh of relief ran through me as my heart rate was gradually returning to a normal pace.
Kol held a chair out for me, kindly I thanked him as I examined the open planned room.

We sat next to each other, and spoke small talk. He was mesmerising, the way he spoke gave me butterflies - he was a man of intelligence, A man you could talk to about anything. One of those rare people that you feel you have known for 10 years, when you have just met.
He put his hand on my right thigh, my heart was fluttering. I began to stutter.
"Kol - I have to tell -"
Suddenly, I was interrupted as the door shot open with a mighty bang, The rest of the Mikaelsons had arrived. This was going to be a night to remember.