Chapter 12

Kristi's POV

I left Leah's house at 11:00 at night. But she wants to sleep over at my house. Of course.  

Poor girl. Liam's over at my house tonight, so she gets the guest bed.

I'm nervous about Leah. She gets mortified whenever someone even mentions Tom. When we were sophomores in high school, he got in a fight with her boyfriend at the time.

CUE FLASHBACK

He had wanted to take Ashley on a date that night but Leah's boyfriend at the time (Nick) was taking me, Leah, and Ashley roller skating.

It was the night of the roller skating when the fight happened. Ash and I already had gone home to get our skates but Leah was staying after school with Nick. They were up on the school's roof deck and it was a grayish sky like day. According to her, she and her beau were snuggling on a bench in the cold weather when Tom came up the stairs. He had yelled at Nick, saying that he always hogged Ashley. It was all an over-reaction, but Tom always had anger issues and no one dared to point it out.

The fight had started right away. Leah had stood there, scared half to death for about 6 minutes but eventually she couldn't stand it. She jumped in the middle. Her interception was very uncalled for and it was also in the middle of a swing. Leah was punched in the face by Tom.

It was one of the hardest punches ever.

Her nose started to bleed and her face started to bruise. She lay on the cold ground yelping and Nick punched Tom for it. Tom suddenly saw a way to make Nick angry and stepped on Leah's stomach, hard. She had the wind knocked out of her.

After that, Tom bolted, leaving Nick to carry Leah to my house. Ashley was with me, so we pretended it was a girls night and never told her parents. She wore a lot of makeup for the next week...

END FLASHBACK

1 HOUR LATER

Leah was in bed and tired, so Liam and I could finally get in our bed.

Leah's POV

It was 12:13 at night. I had had a rough day. I wanted to go to bed. Of course I couldn't with the sound of Kristi moaning and giggling. Great. Everyone's life is great except mine and Tom's. I don't care about Tom though.

I called Harry, and luckily he had a key because it was Liam's apartment. Over the gorilla like sound of the two hooking up in the other room, they didn't notice he was here.

Harry came over in pajamas and picked me up. He carried me wedding style to the guest room and lied me down. He lay down next to me and tuck me in, his arms around my tee shirt and shorts. I am lucky I have him. 

Ashley's POV

That night, Tom called to swear at Louis and warn me that I would regret my decision. I didn't care. Louis, on the other hand, lost all color in his face. I giggled and changed into pajamas.

Climbing next to the horrified Louis in bed, I put my head on his chest and smiled.

"He's all bark and no bite, Babe," I whispered to him.

"Why are you so perfect?" He responded as we drifted into a deep sleep.

When I woke up, I expected Louis to be sound asleep. It was early in the morning and usually I was first to rise. I stretched out, reaching for Louis chest that I normally would cling to until he woke up, but my hands found nothing. I looked up to see no one there.

I heard clattering pans in the kitchen and walked out to find Lou attempting to make breakfast. He didn't notice I was there for a minute and I got to watch him try as hard as he can. He noticed me when I giggled. He turned around with this puppy dog look on his face and I laughed again. I think being in loe is the best thing that's ever happened to me.