It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 22

Brontophobia. According to phobialist.com, Brontophobia is the fear of thunder and lightning. And I am Brontophobic. You guys all know how my mom died and I saw all of it with my own two eyes that's why I somehow developed this kind of phobia. When I hear thunder or lightning, I start to freak out so bad. And when I was a kid, I used to like playing in the rain, but after my mom died, I started to just stare at the rain through the window and unconsciously cry.

"Blake, I think I know who S.H.P. is..." I said slowly.

"Really?! Who?" he asked excitedly.

"It's m-..."

From the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of lightning broke through the moonless night and then followed by a very loud thunder.

BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!!

"Aaaahhhh!!" I shrieked out so loud when another loud thunder followed the last one and then the rain started to pour down so hard.

"Hurry! Come with me!" Blake said as he pulled my hand toward the slide. We hid under the slide to stay dry but we're already wet the moment we reached it, but whatever.

I started to shake so bad and cry uncontrollably when the continuous set of lightning and thunder erupted as the images of my mom dying started to cross my mind.

"Syd," Blake called me but I didn't respond, "Syd, Sydney!" He then wrapped his arms around me as tears rolled down my eyes like the rain pouring down so hard. "It's okay. The rain will soon stop and then we could both go home."

"My mom died with a storm as strong as this." I said.

"Shh... It's gonna be alright. I'm here you know. Nothing will happen to you." Blake said as he just hugged me until I stopped crying when the rain stopped pouring.

Minutes passed and we just stayed silent that I almost fell asleep if Blake didn't break the silence.

"You still awake?" Blake asked.

"Uhmm, yeah," then I sat up properly, "Sorry for seeing me breaking down like that. It's just, you know, I am Brontophobic and I fear thunder and lightning and-"

"You don't have to explain yourself. I know and I understand." Blake said smiling understandingly as he put his hand on my face and slowly leaned down as he kissed me softly but full of passion and love.

___

Minutes passed after we stopped kissing and just held onto each other and enjoying each other's company.

"Hey." Blake said and you could hear him smiling.

"Hey too." I said smiling.

"The rain somehow stopped for now and we can get going. The rain could come back any moment now since the wind is still so strong going to the east and, oh man! I sounded like a weather forecaster." Blake said while scratching the back of his head. He looked so cute doing that. I just laughed at him. "Haha, well, so let's go?" he asked cutely.

"Sure!" I said then we're off to our houses.

____

Blake and I are now walking home hand-in-hand in comfortable silence. We don't have to say anything to each other but we both know that the both of us are happy and we can feel it.

Nothing could bring my blissful mood down even if I can see Justin standing on our front porch. Wait, what? Rewind please?

Justin Clark? Standing on our front porch? What the hell?