Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Hmm. Now what?

I looked at myself in the foggy mirror of my bathroom, frustrated as I wiped the condensation away to see hair wet and sticking to my face. "Oh, God!" I nearly tore my hair out.

I'm giving up. Honestly, why did I think I could choose something to wear today? It was eleven in the morning already, I have about an hour left to get ready before meeting Julien at twelve thirty for lunch and then a movie followed by shopping.

Meeting Julien.

I paused in my dilemma and allowed the tiniest of smiles to light up my face. Only God knew how good that sounded.

Wrenching open the bathroom door that led directly to my room, I dragged my feet there in apprehension. On my bed were three tshirts, a black tank top and a red checked shirt, and two pairs of skinny jeans, one blue, the other grey-black. Let me elaborate further - one tshirt was an Avenged Sevenfold original merchandise which I absolutely adored, another was plain black with an image of a white tie down the front, and the last an oversized varsity jersey.

I stole a glance at my cupboard. A dress perhaps?

Five minutes later, my casual clothes were laid out neatly at one side of my bed, while the other half was taken up by two dresses - one was a denim coat-like button-down, and the other was sleeveless and flared.

Eeeh...I wanted to groan. One particular person would completely disagree with all of them, and that was the person I needed help from. I dialled Mackenzie's number, fearing the absolute worse. She made it to my room in ten minutes flat, red-faced from the ride - where I'm sure she pestered the poor cab driver to hell - and panting, but wide-eyed with excitement.

"Move!" she shoved me aside, surprising me at her strength, and proceeded into my room, where she stopped in her tracks at what she saw lying on my bed. Freezing, she breathed a wheezy gasp. "Oh, sweetheart, you need help."

Umm, ouch.

Half an hour later, after modelling every possible outfit in my wardrobe that Mackenzie approved of, I stood in front of her in a purple halter top that hugged my body and showed off my curves, and the grey-black jeans. To be honest, I just pulled out whatever was on top - the stuff I used most - because I was too damn lazy to properly look through my cupboard. Had Julien and I actually been together now, and I knew for sure he meant it, I would've turned my closet inside out looking for the perfect outfit. I had nicer things, but I think she knew what I wanted and what was appropriate for this date.

Date. Another word I could get used to hearing.

Mackenzie nodded in satisfied approval. "Now for the accessories."

Now this I could deal with.

Instead of my usual mix and match assortment of stringy bands I wore on my wrist on a daily basis, I picked out a small bronze selection of jewellery, and the girl sitting comfortably on my bed nodded with pleasantly surprised agreement. Leaving my neck bare, I chose a single bronze bangle, smooth and round, and a thick dark bronze chain that I tied through my belt loops. The excess chain dangled at the side of my hip.

Mackenzie applauded, and my lip curled up at the subtle, but meaningless insult. "I need to dress you up more often," she commented, grinning. "I would do up your hair and makeup too, but we're running out of time, so just tie your hair up in a high ponytail. You so need to call me the next time you have something to dress up for."

"Oh, I feel so complimented now," I replied dryly, voice just oozing sarcasm as I grabbed a black hairtie and my slingbag, and pushed a laughing Mackenzie out the door.