Chapter 2

Harry's alarm clock sounds from his bedside table and he's reaching over, his face buried in the pillow as he's switching it off. He groans and sighs, his longer pieces of hair on his head falling in his face.

His room is messy, there's clothes everywhere, but this is just who Harry is. He never focuses much on cleaning his room; he spends most of his time on his fire escape outside his window writing.

"Are you not getting up?" Harry hears a voice calling from his kitchen. He groans and puts his face down in the pillow.

"Harry, come on!"

"I've got a hangover from hell," Harry calls back, doing his best to lie.

"Then roll one and smoke it."

"Jesus Christ," Harry sighs and rolls over in the unmade bed. "Can't I just sleep in for once, Nick?"

Nick appears in the bedroom doorway, "sleep in? You're the one who wanted to go down to the theatre to make sure everything was set up and ready... you're the fucking stage writer."

Harry looks back at him and groans, "it can wait till this afternoon."

"Right... sure," Nick nods before he's picking up the cigarettes on the opposite table of the bed.

"What time did you get up?" Harry asks quietly.

"About an hour ago," he starts, striking a match and lighting the cigarette before he's sitting down on the bed beside Harry, "I told you I was getting up early with you to make sure everything was finished."

"You can go home if you want," Harry whispers, covering his face with his hand, "I'll go down to the theatre later."

"There's a lot to do before tonight," Nick says, pulling Harry's arm down, "come on... you've been excited about this production for a while."

"I know," Harry sighs and sits up slowly, "the costumes and shit are already there..."

"Yeah, well," Nick laughs, "we've done one fitting for the costumes... you know we have to do another."

Harry nods and rubs his head some.

"Where were you last night?" Nick asks, "before you got here?"

"Does it really matter?" Harry almost laughs before he's standing slowly and stretching.

"Well, you asked me to come over... I didn't expect you to be 3 hours late," Nick shrugs and hits the cigarette while he's watching Harry pick up his underwear and pull it on slowly.

"Just went and talked to someone," Harry replies before he's picking up Nick's cigarettes and lighting one. He takes a seat next to him and sighs, "I need coffee."

"Already made," Nick replies and hits his cigarette as he's staring at Harry, "the play was brilliant last night."

"Thanks," Harry mumbles out, rubbing his eyes.

"Look, I made breakfast for you," Nick starts as he stands up, "I'll go ahead and head down to the theatre if you want me to... just come as soon as you're ready."

Harry nods a little before Nick is leaning down and kissing him gently before roughing up Harry's hair and laughing.

"Stop," Harry chuckles and watches Nick picking up his wallet and cigarettes, "thanks for the breakfast."

"Welcome," Nick winks, "just hurry your ass up, alright?"

"I will," Harry smiles. Nick grins and walks out of the room, Harry hearing the front door close a few seconds later.