~5 ⟁ world turned around

You let out a relaxed sigh, enjoying the small breeze of the wind, warmth of the sun, and even the smell of the Ranch. The gash on your cheek had almost healed entirely (Ilia made you drink a Red potion once she saw what had happen). Luckily she didn't ask how it had happened, or else you would have got more of a tongue lashing then the one she originally gave you. Which is what you were telling Link, whom was accompanying you in the grass, right now.

"She then tried taking away the sword Rusl gave me, saying that if I couldn't even defend myself, why even have it? Honestly, Ilia drives me nuts sometimes..." You mumbled the last bit, more to yourself than to Link. The latter chuckles at you, making you glance over at him in a glare.

Link holds up his hands to show you he meant no harm, making you back down a little. You cross your arms over your chest, pulling your knees close. He opens his mouth to say something, but is interrupted by Fado shouting at him. Both of you stand up and watch as the ranch owner comes running out of the barn and towards the two of you.

"Today's last day the two of ya are gonna be here, huh? Now that I think about it, you two are gonna be leaving soon too..." Fado seemed kind of downcast saying that, his voice holding sorrow in it. Fado then put a smile on his face and turned to Link.

"So how about we finish up early?" the rancher suggested, to which Link complied, grabbing a reed piece in the shape of a horse shoe and blowing on it.

You stood aside next to Fado and watched as Link hopped onto Epona and started to herd all up of the goats into the barn to be locked up.

"You take good care of those two, ya hear [Y/n]? Can't have 'em getting hurt, same goes to you as well." Fado suddenly said, his eyes trained on the two who were galloping around the field, but you could see his green eyes glance over to you once and awhile.

"Of course I will," you smiled at the taller male, before your smile turned into a smirk. "Although I'd worry more about you, who knows what's going to happen here without us. I bet Bo will have taken more away from your paycheck when we get back!" You joke, playfully punching the older male in the shoulder. Fado and you share a laugh before sinking into a peaceful silence.

In a matter of minutes Link and Epona had finished up herding all of the goats back into the barn, and were now making their way back down the slope to the village with you walking beside them. As you walked down the path, you and Link discussed about what your travels may bring you, which was soon joined by Ilia once she had spotted the two of you and ran up to walk with you back down.

"Link, [Y/n]. I see you two are done working at the Ranch today?" Mayor Bo greeted the two of you once you stopped in front of your house, Link getting off Epona and Ilia going up to the mare to pet her.

Mayor Bo placed a hand over yours and Link's shoulder, turning the two of you away from Ilia so you could discuss your plans in quiet. In all honesty, you just wanted to know what was so important that was to be delivered to the royal family, not so much anything else. Bo didn't say a thing, even though you were his 'daughter'.

"The gift for the royal family Rusl told you two is ready. So I suggest that you prepare for the road ahead of you. Now, the royal family requested this specifically, so it's real special," your father explained, his facial expression deadly serious.

"Oh! What's this?!" Ilia suddenly spoke up, her voice sounding angered and worried at the same time.

You, along with Link and Bo, turned around to see what the problem was. Ilia was standing next to Epona's front leg, her hand barely touching over a certain spot on the animal's right leg. You couldn't see anything wrong, but it may have been that Ilia's hand was in the way.