prologue

Chicago: October 1926: Cassandra's POV

"Sister, how long must it take you to prepare yourself for a ball?" My older brother, Damon mocked me as I clipped my hair back with feather hair clip Mother had given me. "Faster than you can say, Salvatore," I smirk as he links our arms as we walked out to our car. He laughs, "Now, we wait for the real drama queen of the Salvatores." 

Our brother, Stefan was known to always be fashionable late but Damon and I couldn't accept that tonight. "Little sister, please wait here as I haul our brother out of his room." Damon excuses himself out of the car as I laugh. 

I straighten my dress out as I hear knock on the car window. A shadowed figure appeared at the window and my heart skipped a beat. I constantly tried to look around this figure to see where her brothers have gone. The figure turns around and I see Damon shouting  at Stefan. The figure disappears as her brothers walk toward the car. I open the door and stand in front of the car. 

"CASSANDRA!" Stefan yells and it became the last voice I hear before my vision blurs to black.

My eyes open to a rusty old room that looked like a basement and tried to stand but sees my arms in chains.

"Thank you for finally waking up darling." A husky male voice says to me. "Who are you?" My voice shakes in fear.

"Daniel Moore, at your service madame." This man looked around my mother's age, in his mid-fourties.

"That doesn't help me. I don't know who you are, Mr. Moore." 

"Well, Ms. Salvatore, me and your mother have a very complicated past, dear. Let's just say I want revenge."

Oh god, help me. Mother, what have you gotten me into?

~ five years later ~

These chains hurt around my wrist.

I'm weak and tired.

I need to feed on real blood. 

Animal blood doesn't suffice anymore.

"DANIEL" My blood boils as I see my torturer.

This man has put me through absolute Hell. Testing me on making me his own kind of creature.

I think I've become a monster.

"Yes, my darling, Cassandra?"

"Let me feed. I can't keep feeding off of stray cats and squrrels. I need human blood." I say in desperation.

"I'm sorry, but, ARE YOU FREE?"

"no."

"There's your answer ." He rolls his eyes at me.

"What are you going to do with me?"

"You're my test subject. I want to create the one and only vampire-witch hybrid."

"Are you crazy? I'll die, you crazy lunatic."

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. NOW LET ME WORK." He storms out of the room.

And here we are again, counting down the days until my death.

~10 years later~

"I DID IT. I F*CKING DID IT." Daniel comes in with two viles, "Drink this. Drink IT."

"Are you mad?! How do you even know it works" I pushed the vile away.