ch.5 | acceptance

[ Klaus ]

"Just call the girl, Niklaus!" Elijah huffs in frustration.

I can see why he's annoyed. I've been debating for almost a whole hour on whether I should call Cassandra or not.

"But what if she-"

"NIKLAUS, there is no other possible situation you could think of to avoid talking to this woman. Please for the love of God, Niklaus, call her." Elijah finishes his rant and exits the room.

I look down at my phone and look for her contact: Cassandra Salvatore. Without even thinking, I pressed the call button on my phone.

"Hello?" I hear her voice once again.

"Cassandra? It's Niklaus."

"Oh, Klaus! Hi!"

"Hi, love. So, the reason I called you was to ask you if you wanted to go have dinner sometime."

"I would love-" I begin to hear voices in the background, "Klaus, I'm so sorry. Can I call later?"

"Oh course, love."

"I'm sorry, Klaus. Goodbye."

"Goodbye, Cassandra."

The call ended and I put my phone down on the table.

"I TOLD YOU ELIJAH!" I yell in frustration.

"Told me what, brother."

"I told you that her brothers would convince her that I'm evil and will hurt her. I knew it was a bad idea." I sunk into my chair.

{ Cassandra}

It was around 8 o'clock when we got back home and I got a call from Klaus. A call that was rudely interrupted by Stefan having an outburst.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NO GOOD FOR ME?!"

"Klaus Mikaelson is a vicious, evil, manipulative man and you want to go have dinner with him! Who knows what will happen to you?!" Stefan begins to yell at me.

"Stefan! Calm down." Damon stands in front Stefan, "Little Rose, are you sure you want to go to dinner with him?"

"Brother, he is the reason I found you two. All he's been to me is kind. I do not know what history you two have with Klaus but I will see my own judgment of him. Please let me go. I'm not five anymore, Damon." I look at him and plead using my infamous puppy dog eyes.

"OK, ok! Go call him back. Your eyes are my weakness, little Rose." I immediately hug Damon.

I take my phone out and call Klaus.

"Hello, Cassandra."

"Hello, Niklaus. About your offer on dinner, I would love to have dinner with you."

"Wonderful, love. I'll text you directions to the house."

"Ok, Klaus," I smile, "See you soon?"

"See you soon, love."

As soon as I hung up, I received the directions to Klaus's house.

I change into black jeans, a floral halter top with a light brown bomber jacket and my new pair of white heels.

"Ok, brothers, I'm off."

"Be safe, Cass!"

"I will, Stefan. I'll text you, Damon, if I'm staying over or not."

"Ok, wait!" Damon slowly realized what I said.

"Goodbye, brothers!"

I go out to my car and get inside.