ch.6 | do it for her, do it for him

And then you do it for her. That's how you know you will win. You do it for her, that is to say, you'll do it for him.

// Stefan \\

"FOR THE LAST TIME, WHERE IS CASS?"

"I already told you, Stefan. She probably just slept over at the Mikaelson's since it was late. You know how she hates driving when it's really late." Damon continued to roll his eyes at me while looking at his phone.

"You don't an itch that something happened to her while she was with 'them'?"

"No, Stefan. It is simply because I trust our sister will make the right decisions. You can't stop her from loving someone." He puts his hand on my shoulder, "I know you're worried. But have a little bit of faith in our long lost sister."

I nod my head and at the exact moment, Cass comes through the door with a giant smile on her face.

"Someone's happy." Damon laughs and goes to hug Cass.

"Oh hush. Let me have this moment." Cassie rolls her eyes, "Sorry for not calling in. I fell asleep on the Mikaelson's couch after dinner."

"It's alright, little Rose. A little reminder, Bonnie's party is in two days, so, if you have a certain friend, you would like to come, I recommend you call them now." Damon tells Cass.

"Really?! He can come?" Cass smiles.

"Knock yourself out, Little Rose." Damon chuckles at our sister's excitement.

She ran upstairs and just stared at Damon with anger.

"YOU'RE LETTING HER BRING KLAUS WITH US ON FRIDAY."

"STEFAN, your hatred towards Klaus shouldn't affect our sister's life in any way. She deserves this happiness."

"But he's"

"NOW, YOU WEREN'T LOCKED UP IN AN ATTIC FOR 90 YEARS, WERE YOU?! YOU WERE NOT TESTED ON LIKE AN ANIMAL. STEFAN, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT OUR SISTER HAS BEEN THROUGH. I DON'T KNOW EITHER. SO, PLEASE, STEFAN, LET HER HAVE THIS HAPPINESS." Damon huffs and walks up the stairs.

Wow. Damon takes charge when it comes to Cassandra. She's my older sister and used to protect me from everything. When we were kids and I got bullied, Cass stood up for me and fought with the bullies. She always comforted me when I was feeling down. I can't help but feel the need to give back to Cass since she's home now. But I will let her have this. I will try to tolerate Klaus for her and only her.

= Damon =

"He was throwing another fit, wasn't he?" Cassandra asked me as I walked up the stairs.

"Stefan is just looking out for you that's all. Yes, we've had some bad blood with the Mikaelson's but I will look over my differences with them for you. Since you really like him that much, I'll do that."

"Thank you, brother. Thank you." She wrapped her arms around me tightly and embraced me, "You know, after being stuck in one place for 90 years, I've really missed this feeling of love and kindness. In that point of my life, it was filled with horror and negativity. But now is a new era for Cassandra Rose Salvatore. I want this time to be filled with joy, happiness, and love." My little sister smiles.

"And I will do anything to make that happen for you. Now, go on, Little Rose, you have an important phone call to make." I kissed her forehead and headed off to my room.

I will do anything for her. I will do anything to make her happy, to make her smile, to make her laugh and to teach her what love is again, anything for my little sister. Anything in the entire world for my little rose.

( Elijah )

** the day of Bonnie's party **

Today has been slow. Nothing bad is happening. All is well, surprisingly. But Niklaus hasn't been Niklaus if you understand what I mean. My brother is actually happy. Hmm, that's a first. Niklaus and happiness are agreeing with each other.

"Elijah, what color roses do you think Cassandra might like? White or red?"

"Red is too cheesy. Go with the white roses. They're classy."

"Thank you, brother.

"Niklaus. May I ask what is the occasion?"

"Cassandra has invited me to be her plus one at Bonnie Bennett's birthday party tonight and I wanted to surprise her."

"May I ask another question?"

"Go on ahead, Elijah."

"Does she make you happy?"

"The equivalent of happiness I had when Hope was born. So, yes, brother, she does make me happy."

"In a matter of three days of meeting one another?"

"Elijah, she's not scared of what I am. She looks over the fact that I'm the original hybrid and she does not think I am a monster. Even I think I am a monster. She's special, Elijah."

"I can tell, brother. Go have some fun for once and don't get in any trouble."

Thank the heavens for Cassandra Salvatore. If it makes him happy that this woman is alive, I will do anything to keep him happy. I'll even tolerate Damon for him.