Chapter 40: Sharp & Time Heals

Read the author's note, very important information about this story and things I need to tell you guys xxx

****

What were you thinking Madison? Seriously?" Flynn questions me sighing deeply as he turns into a driveway, a grey house with all sorts of flowers blooming at the front.

He's been interrogating me ever since we left the damn school, me refusing to answer to anything since he kidnapped me and drove me here. A simple grunt or the roll of the eyes I would reply with as he went into his lecture telling me what a idiot I was when frankly, he does the same if not worse.

To be fair, I don't know why I'm even with him. I barely talk to him, most of the time I'm arguing with him or ignoring his pathetic ways to piss me off. I haven't seen him recently because he's been suspended, another reason to add to the 'keep away' bucket so why the hell am I at his house?

"I'm hungry, give me food and I'll talk."

The blabber of words escape my mouth in a dead-panned tone when he stares at me for a second or two before he mouths 'wow' throwing his hands up in the air tiresomely.

Following him absentmindedly, he opens his front door with the jangle of his keys, slipping in leaving the door open for me as I watch Flynn walk straight into the kitchen reaching for the refrigerator. My eyes skim around taking in the colours and walls with the scent of paint making its way up my nose. I've always loved the smell of paint, it remind me of my childhood with Dad. The memory of when he repainted my purple room to green since I changed my favourite colour makes me smile causing Flynn to eyeball me weirdly.

"Fuck." He whispers walking towards me his blue eyes wide.

"Okay, fine I know I was smiling creepily but because I remembered-"

"No-what, your bleeding." He reaches for my hand dripping blood only then do I realise the pitter patter I vaguely heard, the drops of blood falling onto the floor. "Right yeah, do you have like some holy mother of all mothers plaster?" Following my gaze of where I spot some tissue, grabbing a bunch the softness comforting to my skin.

"No-" He moans, snatching the tissue away from me before I have the chance to dap it on my bleeding hand. "Madison.-" I look at him when I hear the urgency in his voice his eyes growing wider gazing at my lips. "Fuck your bleeding from your lip too, what the fuck does Sophia eat?" Dragging me a chair placing me down waiting. I hear the shuffle of boxes, the opening and closing of drawers when finally he comes back with a green first aid box, already looking through it with a focused expression written on his face.

I knew you had to put the anti-bacteria shit on my hand, I just couldn't be bothered anymore. I've done it millions of times to Elliot, mostly when he came home late. Mum would be asleep thinking Elliot was staying at his friends house but that's what I told her, and Dad, he wasn't there.

"Sit down." I don't even realise he took to me the sofa, and dumbly I sit myself down the ache in my thigh burning like a bushfire. I watch him closely, noticing the small things. His brown ruffled hair as if he just woke up. I notice the tattoo I see vaguely at the back of his neck, inked all the way down. His blue eyes stand out to me as he checks through the box, his eyebrows in a frown mmhig and aahing to what to use.

"The blue one." I mutter to him, his eyes raising towards mine with a questioning look. Rolling my eyes, I grab the bottle, pouring a manageable amount on a cloth before I place it on my bleeding hand, wincing at the contact pulling away.

"Let me do it." Flynn takes the cloth from my hand adjusting his position, before he places the cloth on my knuckles, me swearing at the sudden jolt of pain. I sigh deeply as the pain settles down, nearly feeling numb and he smiles to himself when he sees me wipe away the blood I feel dripping down my jaw.