A Romance Begins

All Rights Reserved 

-

When I woke up, I was expecting to see Ryder, sleeping on the couch as well. What I didn't expect to see was Wes, sitting in a chair across from me with a smile on his face.

"Wes?!" I half-screamed. I jumped off the couch and into my brother's awaiting arms. Tears welled up in my eyes. Eyes that hadn't seen their brother in a month.

"Hey, sis. I've missed you." Wes said as he pulled back. He hadn't changed a bit. Same blonde hair and green eyes that I've always missed.

"So, you've come back?" I asked, hoping for the best.

"Temporarily. There's a rogue camp just outside the limits of your pack and that's where we'll be." My hopes were just crushed.

"'We'? as in you and psycho bit -"

"Laura, yes." He cut me off from saying what she really was.

There was a question that I've been dying to ask him ever since he left.

"Wes? Have you uh, you know, mated, with her?" This time, I was expecting the worst. I had a weary expression on my face as I waited to hear his answer. I knew they weren't mates because I would've felt it through the bond Wes and I have, but ever since he left, the bond had been broken so I didn't know what was going on.

Instead, he just bust up laughing. I didn't find it funny, but I started laughing along with him, his laughter was contagious.

"Wes!" I said between laughs. "It's not funny! Answer me!"

Wes was clutching his side as he tried not to double over from laughter. I was just standing patiently in front of him as he continued. I still had a smile on my face and even let out a few little laughs as I watched him.

"Rave, you're so hilarious!" He said after he had calmed down enough to talk.

"Ha, ha. Yeah, I am. Now, get to the answer." I told him, waving my arms.

"The answer is..." He trailed off. I widened my eyes and raised my eyebrows to tell him I was ready to hear it all.

"What. Is. The. Answer. Weston." I asked through gritted teeth.

"No, the answer is no." A sigh of relief washed through me and I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Thank the lord and baby Jesus!" I exclaimed turning around and walking to the kitchen. That made Wes laugh more as he followed me.

"Ravyn, I need to tell you something." I looked up at him and noticed that his laughing had subsided and he was serious. I set down the orange juice that I had grabbed from the fridge and hopped up on the counters.

Then, he got this distant look on his face and was staring at the wall. I didn't say anything to him, but I was wondering what was happening. At one point, he looked as if he was being yelled at and before I knew it, there was a huge smile on his face.

That distant look was gone and he turned his attention towards me. Before he could talk, or before I could question him, I was flooded with thoughts and images. All of them from Wes. All from his time with Laura and I knew everything she had told him, and everything he had told her.

See, sis? I told you I had to tell you something. He told me through our renewed mind link.

"Ah! Wes! You're back in the pack!" I squeeled and ran to give him a hug. "Wait, that doesn't make any sense! You said you were staying at a -"

"Rogue camp. Yeah, that's right."

"Then how -" I started.

"It's all in the plan, Rave. I had to make sure you believed that so you can believe what I'm about to tell you." Then he came over and jumped on the counter next to me. "There are some things you should know."