Chapter 37

Claudias Pov-

"Michael... Did you just- did we just- wait a second slow down." I backed up a few inches and put my hand on my forehead. "shit." I whispered under my breath, becoming slightly scared.

"Did I do something? I messed up our friendship didn't I?" Michael ran a hand through his hair and paced about, filling the air with tension.

"Michael I'm so sorry, but I can't do this. Not right now." I took his cold hand in mine, not daring to look up at his eyes. I could tell he was hurt just by the tone of his voice.

"What do you mean?" Was all that he said.

"I mean that I can't do it, Michael. I can't go and date somebody right now especially since-" I stopped myself mid-sentence.

"Especially since what?" I could feel his stare burning into me. He let go of my hands and stood a mere foot away. A moment of silence occurred. Neither of us spoke, nor did we even try to. Both of us were just unable to speak. "You still love him don't you."

"Wha-what?" I asked, backing up from Michael yet again.

"Just admit it, Claudia. You still love him. Just by the mention of his name I can literally hear your heart speed up before you realize that he's gone." I felt like my throat was clogged with cotton, Michael rendered me unable to speak for probably the hundredth time today. I stared at him with wide eyes, my hands slightly shaking. "I know the emotions that you feel towards him, I can feel them radiating of of you."

"You don't know what you're talking about, Michael. You've never experienced what I went through, you can't just sum up the emotions I'm feeling like I'm some sort of science experiment." I got defensive, clenching my fists just the slightest bit.

"I'm not trying to make you sound like an experiment, I'm telling you how it is. Right now you're kind of mad at me because I'm telling you something about yourself that you didn't know. You're also feeling lonely and depressed which is understandable due to your experiences- which I'm not saying that I know how that feels. And by the way, I know the emotions so well because you know that butterfly feeling that you get when you hear his name, that's the same way I feel about you...." He turned his back to me and stated walking back towards the house.

"Wait, you actually like me that much?"

He stopped walking for a moment and then turned back around, "Would I have kissed you if I didn't?"

"Michael I didn't know that you felt this way about me." My words were quiet but I knew he heard me, they always do.

"I don't get it... Why do you still love him?" He asked, almost quieter than I had just spoken.

"What? I don't-"

"You do!" I jumped a bit when he raised his voice at me. As soon as he saw me flinch, his expression softened and he gained his composure back, "just tell me why." I just looked at him. I didn't know what he wanted to hear from me, I didn't even know what to tell myself. "that's what I thought." He grumbled, walking towards me. He came closer and placed both hands on my shoulders, holding me firmly.

"After how badly he treated you? After what he did to you." His grip tightened and I let out a small whimper.

"He didn't do anything to me besides treat me like a princess!" I spat, putting a hand over my mouth. I couldn't believe what I just said.