The 49

"Dru, come check this out." my focus was dragged from the flowers in my grasp; I had spent the whole afternoon collecting the most beautiful flowers I could find. I needed a way to show respect to the fallen, they didn't deserve to be forgotten. "Come on man, it's important."

I jogged my way over to where Mason, the guy that helped me with the Indian women, sat perched over a bundle of wires and metal. It was all foreign to my eyes, the wires stuck out at odd angles and it looked more like a scrambled mess than any part of the plane.

"What exactly am I looking at." I asked genuinely, my fingers playing with the edge of a red wire. Mason's grin spread from ear to ear as his goofy nature shone threw his eyes.

"It is- I mean was, the communications part of the plane. I managed to pry it out when you were all grabbing the bags and stuff. If we can figure this out I might be able to send out a message to other planes, boats, any one. I mean we've searched everywhere trying to find the flare guns so this might be all we can do. I mean It might not even work but we can try, I mean I could try if I could get it to work-" He continued to ramble, his words jumbling into each other as his fingers never stopped pushing aside the wires and digging further in.

"How do you know what your even doing? I mean, man, this is like DaVinci code or something." Ari's older sister Freyja piped up- her arms were wrapped lazily around her brother and other sister as her parents lay asleep.

"I- uh. I was a hacker you know, I worked with Interpol once they caught me and I've been there ever since." Mason responded absentmindedly, his eyes never dragging from the clump of technology in front of him.

"Like a black hat?" The younger sisters eyes filled with so much hope. "I've seen those on TV."

Cutting her off quickly, spotting something on the other end of the tent that caught my attention. "Is there anything I can do? " Mason shook his head, now caught up with the three children explaining to them what exactly it was he did. If I had more time I would love to sit there too and hear all about the life of a detectives partner. But the boy peaking through my stash needed my attention more.

"What do you think you're doing? " I rushed over, pulling his hands out from my bag stopping him from grabbing what ever it was that he wanted.

"Back off, Princess, Don't test me on this one." He growled at me as he reached in again with his other hand. He struggled against my grip on his right arm, but I wasn't budging.

"Why on earth are you going threw my stuff?" I stopped the advance of his other hand and shoved him back in the process. "You're the one who doesn't believe in wasting resources."

"Get out of my way." He was speaking at me threw gritted teeth, frustrated as he was unable to pass any of my blocks. "Now, or I will make you."

He was way to close for comfort, we seemed to always find ourselves in this position, our chests heaved up against one another's, our breaths mixing as we shot daggers at each other. "What were you doing in that bag?" I stated firmly, showing no sign of backing down.