The girl alone in the forest

"Dru! Don't be stupid!"

"Dru, we need you here!"

"Leave her, she's going to go with or without us."

"I can't just let her to go out there and die!"

"She's smart, she knows she has most of the medical equipment, she knows Mason and Cara needs is- she'll be back soon."

Crap. In my rush to push myself away from our clearing and get closer to Jesse I hadn't even considered those that I was leaving behind. They needed me. But so did Jesse.

Jesse was out there defenceless with a killer on his trail. My friends were safe. As long as I made it back quickly, to check up on Mason and Cara.

This just made my legs push harder and faster, my hands pushing aside the branches in my way. I let the voices disappear behind me, along with the clearing.

I knew they had spoken loudly to each other so that I would hear, they thought they could change my mind by talking about the injured. Any other circumstance it would have worked but I wasn't in control of my limbs.

The limbs that were telling me I had to keep moving and moving faster.

I was following the materials left on the trees; clearly guiding me threw the path that the boys had taken that morning.

My strides were large, driving me forward with all the strength I could muster up. I was thankful for Caila for forcing me to eat, thankful for actually getting a hour or two of sleep last night.

I fed of the food and sleep and dug into strength I hadn't had since we'd crash.

My arms were out in front of me and to the side, shielding my face the best I could but I was still getting small branches scratching over my face and exposed skin on my wrist.

A large tree stood 10 meters in front of me, it's branch hung a meter off of the ground. There was a shield wall of grass below is so I prepared myself to get over it. I took 6 strides and then on the seventh I pushed back onto my left leg, brought my left hand up to the branch, and used my legs to bend down and propel upwards.

I flung both of my legs to the right, tensing up my hand as I was in mid air over the branch. My legs cleared the branch and headed back on their way to meet the ground again. Except, instead of finding more grass there was something else waiting.

There was a collection of rocks. They stuck up, the rough edges jaggered and uneven. There was grass and sticks scattered between the rocks, they were almost disguised and I had no time to land anywhere else.

I was too far down to do anything about right foot meeting the rocks. A sharp pain shot up my leg as I felt my ankle buckle. It caught me off guard, my body still not having any balance, which left me defenceless.

I fell forwards, my hands trying to shot out and brace myself for the fall but I fought that instinct. I tucked my arms into my chest and spun to my side.

Squeezing my eyes shut my body tensed up, I coiled by abdominal muscles- much to my stitches disapproval- which allowed me to hold my head up so that I wasn't in danger of being impacted.

A rock dug into my hip, dragging up at the rest of my body landed. I couldn't wince, couldn't scream out in pain, couldn't even acknowledge the pain- I didn't have the time.

Edges of the rocks broke my skins surface near my knee, above my ribs and the top of my deltoid. I could feel the sharp slicing sensations everywhere, could feel the wind being knocked out of my diaphragm.