Chapter 01 || Pizza, Ice Cream & Netflix

My life is good. It isn't perfect but, who needs perfect when you graduated from high school two years earlier than everyone else and you tried going to college but they kicked you out because, I quote, 'you are too intelligent and smart to waste your time in college.' So what do you do? You find a small, cheap but cute apartment, a job that pays you well and a boyfriend.

What else should I ask for?

That's exactly what I was thinking of a few days ago. But look at me now. I'm laying on my couch with my warm blanket on top of me and five boxes of tissues encompassing me, crying while watching 'The fault in our stars' over my break up with my, almost, two year boyfriend. I'm not perfect, nor the most beautiful or the hottest girl in America but I thought I deserved better than a break-up text.

I mean; who does that?

My, now, ex boyfriend does

Dave and I didn't have any problems in our relationship. The only thing we were arguing about was food. I never thought this would lead to a break up, though. We were happy. We loved each other. But no, he preferred to break up with his, almost, two-year relationship for his girlfriend's best friend. You read right. He threw me away for my best friend, Gina.

How could I be so naive and stupid? From the first time, Dave and I met, Gina had been acting too weird. When I first confessed to her that I actually liked him, she seemed so happy and proud of me because Dave is so much better influence to me than my past boyfriends. Little did I know that she was going to steal him from me at the end of the day.

You know what's the funniest thing of all, though? The fact that Dave realized that, I quote, 'there is no spark between us anymore' a day after my birthday. I'm officially nineteen years old without a boyfriend, without a best friend and without food. Could it have been worse? Actually, yes, it could have been worse but you got my point.

Now that you kind of know my background story let's get you to the present. I'm laying on my black leather couch of my apartment's living room, with 'The Fault in our stars' paused on my TV and my phone pressed on my ear waiting rather impatiently for an answer. I'm hungry, heartbroken with no food ; not a good sign. So I called my favorite pizza place to order some pizza. I sniffle and blow my nose once more holding my tears back as I wait for an answer from the pizza place.

"Hello, this is Domino's Pizza Place, what can I get for you?" A woman's voice says from the other end of the line and I cough to clear my throat.

"Hi, umm, can I have a medium size Hawaiian Pizza with a coke please?" I say, my voice shaking a bit due to all the crying I did before.

"Of course, what's your name?" The woman asks politely.

"I'm Britney Storm."

"Your address and phone number?" The lady asks and I gladly tell her my address and phone number. Then she speaks again. "It'll be there in forty minutes the latest."

Then I remember that I ran out of ice cream for the night. "Umm, is there any possibility that you have ice cream or something?" I bite my bottom lip waiting for an answer.

"I'm afraid not." The lady says. I exhale, then thank the lady and hung up the phone. I rush my way to the kitchen which is three steps away from the living room and get my wallet and car keys from my purse. I put on my shoes and walk to the door seeing my reflection in the mirror (which is near the door) for a brief moment. I'm wearing an oversized grey sweater with no pants on since it covers my thighs, ending a few inches above my knees. My hair is up in a messy bun, strokes of hair coming out of it. My chocolate-brown eyes are puffing and a little bit red but I could care less.