Chapter 5 || My best friend is insane

"Are you sure, you can stay and lock?" Finn asks for the millionth time. It's almost midnight and the cafe needs to close. He is usually doing all the work to close the shop but today was different. His eyes are puffing and red and so tired.

"Of course. Go get some rest." I say smiling.

"Thank you. You're amazing. I love you." he says with a tired smile on his lips as he grabs his belongings and walks out of the door. The moment he's out of sight. I walk to the door and turn the little sign at the door from open to close. I go to some tables to clean them up and watch the last customers leave the store leaving me alone. I finish my work, lock the shop and leave with only one thing on my mind.

sleep.

I get back home feeling the warmth of my home welcoming me. I throw my bag on the couch and go and have a bath. Always the best thing after work. I get in the bath which is filled with warm water and soap foam and lay back relaxing. As I close my eyes the image of the boy with the brown hair and the green eyes comes to my mind. A smile makes its appearance on my lips as I open my eyes. What is wrong with me? I force the smile to go away. But then I get an amazing idea.

I grab my phone from the floor and start typing.

"Thanks for the pizza and the rose. - B" I type and press send feeling butterflies going wild in my stomach. Seconds later, there comes a reply.

"you're welcome :)" 

I smile and shut off my  phone as I stand up and wrap a towel around my body. I walk out of the bathroom, put on my pajamas and laying on the bed trying to fall asleep. It didn't take long until the thought of Adam and me hugging comes in my mind. What the heck? I force the thought away but it didn't take long to come a new one in. And guess what thought is this.

Me and Adam kissing.

For God's sake.

What is wrong with me?

---

I wake up early the next day because I have a morning shift today. I arrive at work and start working immediately since people like to get coffee just before going to their job. There are not many customers and it's just me and Finn here. I leave Flinn behind the counter as I go and clean up some tables. With the tray on one hand, I take an almost full coffee mug with the other placing it on the tray. Then again. And then again. I turn around to go in the kitchen but all I know is the tray falling off my hands. And no, not falling on the floor, but on someone's body. I stay in shock as I realise the mess I just made. The person in front of me is soaked with coffee and water and glass is all over the floor.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry. Fuck. I'm so sorry." I say as I turn my head upwards to finally let my eyes meet with some green ones. And I know exactly to whom these eyes belong to. He's staring down at me with a smile plastered on his lips.

"It's cool." He says. By that time Finn is standing next to me with a broom sweeping away the broken glass and with a mop cleaning the mess I made. 

"I'm so sorry, man. We owe you a free coffee." Finn says politely. I walk to the counter and grab some towels and give them to the person I just threw coffee to. 

"I'm so sorry. So so so so sorry." I say.

"It's okay, Britney." Adam speaks as he struggles to dry his shirt off. I'm just staring at him, guilt plastered on my face and soul. Finn watches me and laugh.

"If he still likes you after this. You'll be so lucky." he says and leaves with a laugh. I continue to watch Adam as he goes to the nearest bin throwing the paper towels away. He looks at me and laughs.

"It's perfectly okay, Britney. You don't have to feel guilty. See? I'm perfectly dried out." he tries to calm me down but his cute gesture only makes me to smile at him.

"I sincerely apologise." 

"Apology accepted."

"So what can I get you? Whatever you want and it'll be free." I tell him continuing to stare at his beautiful green eyes. Damn, they are mesmerising. 

"umm... let me think." he pauses for a few seconds before opening his mouth once again. "a date." his eyes are full with hope and the most attractive smile I have ever seen  is plastered all over his face lighting up his eyes. I stare at him for a few seconds as my lips curve up to a small smile.

"sure." I notice shock on his face as he stays silent for a little.

"cool." that's all he says before walking away. wait, what?  My smile fades away as I stare at the back of Adam walking away. At a point he stops walking and comes back towards me. "I'll pick you up at seven." his chest is moving up and down super quickly meaning that he's something more than nervous. I laugh and nod. 

Then he walks away.

---

"What about this?" Ava asks while holding little pink dress on her hands.

"No, Ava! I'm not wearing a dress on the first date." I try to make her understand for the 100th time but she doesn't seem to listen. I stand up from the bed and push her away from my closet. I grab my ripped blue jeans with a pink little sleeveless top and my black converse. "This, is what i'm wearing." I announce and he just rolls her eyes.

"oh my God." she exclaims causing me to turn to look at her wide-eyed.

"what?"

"what if the guy that asked you out is actually his twin brother and you're not going on a date with Adam but with the twin." her face is dead serious and I roll my eyes.

"You're insane."

---

i'm sorry it took me so long to update. i have been busy with a lot of things.

short chapter. sorry :( 

anyway

hope you enjoy :)

{not edited}

-maria xx

all love