Chapter 6 || It's called 'destiny', baby

Ava leaves my house so I get in the shower to get ready for my date with Adam. I let the warm water run down my down as I close my eyes and let my thoughts to take over my whole brain. Thoughts of Dave, Adam and my sister are making it hard for me to breathe. I open my eyes. Taking a deep breath, I try to focus on my date with the dreamlike guy I just met a few days ago. 

What if he's a serial killer?

What if he doesn't show up?

This boy is making me insane. No joke.

I force all the negative thoughts out of my mind, as I step out of the shower, water dripping from my body onto the floor. I grab my towel get myself dried and walk to my bedroom. What if i'm not ready for a relationship right now? I stop walking letting the thought sink in my mind. I just broke up with the only guy I have ever fallen in love with and I'm going on a date with a complete stranger. A beautiful complete stranger. A stranger that I have confessed all my problems to. Not all of them, but still. 

How can someone, feel so comfortable with a stranger?

I grab my phone from my bed and begin typing a message to Adam saying that I can't show up. I type the message and I'm ready to press send when out of a sudden, my phone decides to die. What an appropriate moment for my phone to die when it has 20% battery. 

It's called 'destiny', baby.

- - -

"You look really pretty by the way." Adam speaks keeping his eyes on the road and his hands on the steering wheel. I smile.

"Thank you." he takes a second to look at me smiling before continuing to watch the road in front of us.  "Where are we going?" I ask.

"Somewhere nice." he lets out.

"Somewhere chill?" he chuckles.

"Yes ma'am. Somewhere chill." 

We stay silent for the rest of the ride. The only thing you can hear is the music bursting out of the radio and me humming to the beat. My favorite song comes on and I can't help myself but start singing, more like rapping but whatever. 

"Last night took an L, but tonight I bounce back

Wake up every morning, by the night, I count stacks

Knew that ass was real when I hit, it bounce back " Adam and I sing before we both laugh because we broke the silence so naturally. And that's when I have a deja vu.

"I just had a deja vu." I say laughing.

"No way." Adam says keeping a straight face. We are now parked opposite a restaurant I have never heard of. I look at him confused. "I just had a deja vu, too."

"Man, what happening?" I'm so shocked I can't even keep my voice steady. Adam is as shocked as me as he removes his seatbelt.

"I think it's called 'destiny', baby." he winks and moves out of the car.

"I think it's called 'Britney just died and is in heaven right now', baby." but i don't say that. Instead I stay silent and move out of the car walking next to Adam as he begins moving towards the restaurant in front of us.

We both ordered our meals and we are now talking about all random things. The restaurant isn't too fancy, which I love, and I'm starting to think that this guy is the male version of me. Is that too crazy? I mean, we think about the same things, we like the same things, he knows exactly what to say to me and how to treat me. And I just love that. 

"To be honest, I think that aliens exist. Do you know how many universes there are? Or how many planets are still not discovered?" Adam speaks with a serious tone.

"I know right? Like how is it possible for us to be the only kind of life that exists? If there are no aliens, I think there's still life in some planets. Like just cells or bacteria." I reply to his comment, the moment the waitress comes and gives us our drinks that are just water. We are just two healthy people that like to talk about the universe. Sue us.

"I totally agree with you." Adam crosses his fingers together, and takes a look around before starting to talk again. "Have you seen this thing that they made on Discovery Science? It was a month dedicated for the space and the universe. It was so interesting." I swallow some water before nodding.

"Yes! I was watching it all the time. It was amazing." I say.

"They even talked about Earth 2.0 and, damn, it was so interesting." Adam looks so innocent in that moment. He looks like a sixteen year old and I just can't help but smile at his cuteness. "What?" he asks.

"You're adorable." he blushes and it's the cutest thing I have ever seen, I swear.

---

A horribly short chapter.

I'm sorry

Don't hate me

Forgive me

I love you 

-Maria xx