Serendipity

(Intro)

Promise ¥

"Noo! Please stopppp!" I yelled at him as he gripped my arm and twisted it around, almost making it pop out of it's socket. "Shut the fuck up before I break it!" he said coldly. I felt the hot tears streaming down my face as I tried to hold them back. It was no use. I just let them freely fall as I held in my whimpers I wanted so badly to let free.

I tried to pull my arm away but was unsuccessful as his grip on it became even tighter around it.

He twisted it even farther making me yelp out in pain. "Ahhh!" I fell to my knees as the pain surged through my body. He threw my arm away from his grasp and walked out of the room. I quickly grasped it with my hand trying to rub and soothe the excruciating pain away as best I could. I knew tomorrow there would be a bruise around it.

I heard the front door open and close signalling he had left. I scrambled onto my feet and ran towards the bathroom shutting the door behind me and locking it. I leaned against the door and slid down to my knees sobbing uncontrollably.

How do I keep going through this mess? He says he loves me but yet he hurts me to no end. He takes care of me and I take care of him but yet I still get punished for little things I don't do.

I slowly got up and walked to the bathtub turning the water on. I needed something to make the pain and heartache go away. I let the bathtub fill up and stripped off my clothes. I got into the steaming hot water and laid my head back closing my eyes and letting my mind wander.

'Flashback'

----------

'I love you Promise. I hope that you'll make me proud when I'm gone. Your my only daughter and I love you more than anything. Please make something out of yourself and never need a man to do anything for you.' he said smiling and holding onto the side of my face.

"I love you to daddy. I promise I won't. I want to make you proud and man is the last thing I want to think about."

'Good. I'm so happy to see how much you've grown and bloomed into a beautiful young lady. Your mother would be proud.' he said with a cough. He started coughing uncontrollably.

"Daddy are you ok?"

'Ye-yeea I just need some water.' he said.

----------

I opened my eyes and wiped a tear that slid down my cheek. I wish I would have listened to my father about not needing a man for anything. I thought I would be out here living my dreams as being a model or a photographer. But here I am living with a piece of shit who calls himself a man.

I love him yes I do. But I don't love how he hurts me physically, mentally and emotionally. I think the only reason I haven't left him is because when he's not abusing me he treats me like I'm the only woman on earth. Buying me lavish things, eating the best food, basically living in the lap of luxury. I can't possibly just walk away from that.

I sat up and drained the water standing up to wrap a towel around my body. I walked to the mirror and just stared into it looking at myself. My curly brown hair, light bluish-grey eyes, light caramel skin tone and full lips. My curvaceous body that any man would love.

I sigh and pick up my tooth brush to brush my teeth. After I dried off and slipped into one of his t-shirts I climbed into the bed and stared at the ceiling. I decide to turn the tv on and watch something until I fall asleep. I just pray he doesn't come back tonight.