Chapter ♣ 11

*Three Months Later*

____________________

Promise¥

It's mid October and the weather is still pretty warm for the most part during the day. I was on my way to work with Amir.

Amir wanted me to work with him at his tattoo shop, and I've been doing pretty good as a greeter.

I've only been doing this for a month but I like it so far. Who wouldn't love working with someone as fine as him?

As far as being a couple, we're still working on that. I've pushed myself to get over Aj but I'm still not fully over him.

I haven't talked to him since that day he sent me that text. I did reply back though. The last thing I told him was that I felt we couldn't be friends.

I feel like if we stayed friends after breaking things off, I would end up falling back into his arms.

These past three months though have given me more time to get to know Amir better. It's better to take your time to really get to know who you get into a relationship with.

That way there's no surprises.

Pulling up to the shop, Amir got out and opened my door for me as usual. I smiled and got out shutting the door behind me.

Amir locked the doors and walked up beside me, intertwining our hands together. We walked towards the front doors of the shop and walked in.

"What's up?" Ryan said. He got up from his seat and dapped Amir up. Then came over to me and pulled me into a hug.

Even though he still slick flirts with me, he's still a good guy. He's really cool and laid back. Plus he keeps everybody laughing.

"Hey Ry." I said back.

"Sup y'all." Devon said after I spoke.

"Hey D." I replied.

I watched Amir walk over to his section to start prepping his things for his first customer. I walked behind the front counter and sat down.

Most of the day I just spent playing on my phone or the computer. I didn't have to do much which I loved. Greeting people and taking down appointments was all I really did.

I was turning on the computer when I felt hands wrap around me. I knew it was Amir by the scent of his cologne. I smiled to myself and turned to look at him.

"Yes Mir? You need something?"

"Nah. Just wanted to ask you somethin." he said.

"Oh. What?"

"There's a party tonight and I'm hosting it. Just wanted to know if you would come. It's been awhile since I hosted anything." he told me.

"Sure. I just have to figure out an outfit. You know it's colder at night now."

"Yea I know." Amir chuckled.

"What time is your first client?" I asked him, playing with his hands.

"At 10. So thirty minutes from now." he smiled. I nodded.

"Oh ok."

"If it's not busy today, I'll let you leave early so you can go buy an outfit for tonight." Amir smiled. I grinned.

"Aww thanks baby." I said, pecking his lips.

He chuckled.

"No prob." he said, kissing me back.