Chapter ♣ 2

(Later that night)

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Promise ¥

I had decided to try and sneak out to the party or to wait until he left to try and go. The only thing is I don't know if he's even gonna leave tonight. I had came back from the mall a few hours ago to find him sitting in the living room playing video games. When he saw me come through the door he had a smirk on his face. I wasn't scared of anything he intended to do to me I just didn't want an arguement.

"Where you been?" he asked not looking up from the game he was playing. "Out." I said simply. He looked up from his game with a frown. "Out where?" he asked with a grunt. I just eyed him and rolled my eyes. "As if you care." I said and walked past him into the bedroom, carrying my bags along with me. I heard him get up and follow me to the room but I kept my back towards him.

He came to face me but I kept looking down away from his dark eyes. "What's your problem?" he questioned. "Your the problem." I mumbled. He looked at me as if he couldn't believe what I was saying. I sat down on the bed and crossed my arms over my chest. "You act like what you do isn't wrong. Then your always questioning me. I should be the one questioning you. Your the one who's always out all hours of the night doing god knows what. Then have the audacity to come and put your hands on me like I do shit to you." I explained.

He looked down at the floor and acted as if I gave him a low blow. "I don't mean to hurt you Promise." he said lowly. Bullshit! "I'm just very protective over you. I mean well I do but I just can't control my anger sometimes." he said. I shook my head and laughed. "Whatever Aj ." I said. He sighed and walked out of the room and back to his stupid ass video games.

Aj was average, but he wasn't ugly either. Short for a man standing 5'6". Short hair cut, brown eyes, a small goatee and mustache. He had some muscle but was still skinny like whiz khalifa, and was a darker shade of chocolate. He could be sweet at times but he wasn't gentle by any means. He had a temper that he had a hard time controlling, and that's what always lead to arguments.

He always wanted things to be his way or no way.  He wanted me to be submissive but I wouldn't give him that satisfaction. I could take care of myself. I had my own money and never asked him for a dime. Never make a man your source of income that's when they expect shit back. I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way with me. You get what you put out. It's a privilege not just a given that I give back.

You treat me like shit then you get treated as such. Plain and simple. He use to be such a sweet and loving person when we met but I guess that was a front. I swear now he's the most evil man you would ever come across. What's bad enough is I love this evil person and it's taking a toll on my life. Sometimes I wish I never would have crossed paths with him.

I laid back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling still wondering how I was gonna pull this off. Just when I was about to give up hope Aj walked in and said he was going out. I literally wanted to jump up and down and scream but I held my composure. I just rolled my eyes as he waited for some some sort of response. When I didn't reapond he just sighed and walked out of the room.

Once I heard the front door close I got up quickly and started getting ready for this party at the club near by downtown. I wanted to be as quick as possible, since I didn't know when or if Aj would be coming back.

--------

(An hour later)

I had taken longer than I thought I would have to get dressed but at least I left without Aj in sight. I glanced over at the clock in the car 10:35 p.m. The doors open ten minutes before eleven so I had time to still get there, hopefully it wasn't packed. I took the highway towards downtown and made my way to club 'Bubble'.