Chapter ♣ 12

*Six Months Later*

____________

Promise ¥

It's now April so the warm weather of course is starting to pick back up. These past six months with Amir have been great. No complaints. I actually decided to go ahead and move in with him since I never stayed at my own place. It basically just sat there and I was paying rent for nothing.

I was getting ready for me and Amir's lunch date in about thirty minutes. He said he had a surprise for me. I really hate surprises but oh well. It's nothing I can do about it. I just hope its nothing major.

I had just stepped out of the shower and was looking through the closet. I didn't know what I really wanted to wear. It always took me forever to find something. Plus, I would change my mind plenty of times when I did finally have an outfit put together.

After standing there literally for five minutes straight, I picked out a white sundress and a red blazer to go with it just in case it was breezy outside.

Once I got dressed, I walked over to the dresser and put in some pearl earrings. I finger combed through my dense curls and spritzed some conditioner into it. I swiped on some red lip stick and sprayed on some perfume. Then grabbed my keys, phone and slipped on some beige wedge sandals.

*Twenty Minutes Later*

I pulled into the parking lot of 'Patterson's Grill' and parked. I had never been to this restaurant before but Amir picked it. I got out of my car and pressed the keypad to lock the doors behind me. I walked up to the sidewalk and down the path to the front entrance. Once I was inside I was greeted by Amir's smiling face.

"You made it baby." Amir smiled, pulling me into a hug. I smiled back and hugged him tightly.

"Of course I did. It's nice in here." I said, taking in the surroundings.

"Yea. I think you'll love the food." he smiled. "Come on. I got us a table already."

Amir pulled me by my hand and intertwined our fingers. We walked side by side to a booth in the far back of the restaurant. I looked around and noticed nobody was in this part. Amir motioned for me to slide into the booth first and he sat down next to me. I pulled the menu closer to me as I got comfortable.

"So you took the rest of the day off huh?" I asked Amir, still looking down at my menu.

"Yea. All my clients came in early so..." he trailed off. I nodded.

"That's cool."

"Yea. But I know your happy you got to sleep in." Amir chuckled.

"A little. I did want to be there today though."

"But you ain't have to be. I let you have the day off for a reason." Amir smirked. I eyed him.

"Mm and why is that?" I questioned. I really did want to know what he had up his sleeve.

"You'll see."

We both looked over our menus for a few more minutes until our server came. We ordered our food and talked until our food came I looked over my food and smiled at how pretty it was. I didn't even want to touch it because that's how perfect it was. Amir didn't waste no time digging into his food though.

"Sooo..." Amir said, taking a sip from his mojito. I looked over at him and swallowed my food.

"Yea?"

"I got a question for you." Amir replied. I put my fork down to give him my full attention.

"I'm listening."