Chapter 4: Kora's P.O.V.

A/N: Don't hate me guys :( i know, i know it has been way to loooonggggg... well, here goes another chapter!! Again, don't own any of this stuff, except Kora, Carol, and Elizabeth.

oodles of love,

G

I returned home that day way to exsausted to live. To make it even worse, Davey had left me a note. it said:

Kora,

Gone to lunch with an old friend, one of Jacks old newsies from when we were kids. Don't wait up.

-Davey

Shit. Why??? I needed a nice boyfriend to come home to! Every girl did! I needed a nice massage to relax with , and maybe a little something else... It has been great with Davey so far but, since our anniversary, he has been acting all weird. As if I don't interest him anymore. And, to be honest, it hurts. A lot. I made a T.V. dinner (never was good at cooking anything) and watched TLC's What Not To Wear. 

That night, I pondered what to do about Davey. I decided not to ask him what was wrong like a normal sesible person would, but to follow him tomorrow to work and beyond. I called in sick to work, and went to bed with a smile on my face. I was finally going to find out what was wrong.

***

The next morning I told Davey i felt ill, and would stay home. When he got to nosy and asked what was wrong with me exactally, I told him it was girl problems and that was enough to send him running out the door. I quickly jumped up, fully clothed in running clothes, and jumped stelthily into the trunk of the car while Davey was talking to Joshua, our neighbor about some new lame video game. Then, I felt him get in and drive off.

We drove for a long time. To long to be going to Davey's job. I smiled. I was already on to something. I'll bet he was buying an engagment ring. Oh, or maybe he was buying us a car. Oh! Or a better flat to live in! 

Suddenly, the car stopped and my day dreams were interupted. I heard Davey get out of the car and slam the door. He ran somewhere and a few seconds later, a door slammed. I waited a few seconds just to be sure he hadn't been rejected or something, then slowly pulled the emergency escape knob in the trunk. The trunk door swung open, and I jumped out ready for a crowd of people to stare at me weirdly. But no one was around. I relized that i was in a private neighborhood. What? 

I snuck up to the house whose driveway Davey had parked in, and looked through the window. It was Specs, Jack's old newsie friend! The one Davey probably had been visiting last night. Maybe he forgot his coat and came ba--- But i was stopped mid-thought. Davey walked in and...kissed...Specs. Like a real kiss. I couldn't watch anymore. I stood up and ran, not caring if they heard or saw me. I didn't know where I was going, but I ran tears streaming down my face. He...lied to me. For how long has this been going on? I don't know. Why didn't he break up with me? I don't know.  Why didn't he tell me? I don't know. I don't know, i DON'T know, I DON'T KNOW! Why don't I know? I wiped the still-streaming tears off my face quickly, scratching myself badly while doing so. But, nothing hurt. Nothing but my heart. Everything else was numb.

I found myself at Lizzie's house, and smiled slightly. Of course I search out the soon-to-be psychaitrist. I looked at my watch. And just in time too. It was her lunch break ,and her and Race usually have lunch together. Race's Italian cooking is brilliant. I knocked slowly on the door, and it opened to a recently-laughing Lizzie. Her face fell. Without taking her eyes off me, she said,

"Race, go out the back door hon, someone is here to see me."

"But we just started lunc-"

"GO. NOW."

"Alright, alright." The door slammed.

Lizzie stared at me and said, "Come in. Tell me everything." So thats what I did.