Chapter 5: Elizabeth's P.O.V.

A/N: Hey! I came back quickly! see? I told you guyssss! okay, so I was thinking of putting in a few characters from Pirates of the Caribbean just for a few scenes and small parts, so lemme know if you love it, hate it, or just dont care (cuz you threw your hand up in the air) Thanksss! Don't own Newsies, the shops mentioned, or Pirates of the Caribbean, just my own 3 characters; Kora, Lizzie, and Carol. Happy Thanksgiving guysss!

oodles of love,

-G

As I sat on my light brown leather sofa, listening to the mixture of sobbing and words of Kora's despair, i thought the situation through very carefully. Of course, I had knew that Davey was gay this whole time, i'm a psychiatrist, I read people, but I thought everyone else knew as well. So much for that theory. 

"And then...*sob* he...leaned over...*sob*...and *wail* ...kissed him....*wail*" Kora told me.

I pulled her into a hug and said, "I know, hun, I know."

She gripped my sweater and cried for a while longer. When the tears finally subsided, she said, "Thanks for always being there for me Lizzie, and having my back."

"No problem hun, and you know, I think I know what will chear you up." I smiled.

Kora sniffled slowly and then looked at me, "Whats that?"

I smiled widley and said with a sort of triumphance, "Shopping"

Despite what she had just been through, she laughed and said, "Spend too much money and actually be happy on the day your boyfriend dumped you? Challenge accepted."

"Good," I smiled, "C'mon, lets go."

***

We pulled into the parking lot at the mall, and ran inside to avoid the heavily pounding rain.

"Ughh, I hate rain" said Kora.

"You can say that again," I grumbled, doing the best I could to fix my now-damp hair.

Our first stop was Forever21, my favorite. Though Kora was a bit more Abercrombie and J-crew kinda girl, she agreed. We found some nice jeans with lace lining on the pockets, and a cute red sweater with an artfully crafted scoop-neck, sure to drive many men crazy. for myself I found a galaxy  printed pair of leggings and a pair of nice strappy heels. 

And we were having so much fun just when someone and that someone's special "friend" showed up. How great to be in public. Doesn't Davey think that us girls like to shop? Sheesh. When Kora saw  them her face fell, and she stumbled a bit before regaining her balance. 

"C'mon Kor, lets go." I said

"No," she looked me dead in the eyes, "I can do this."

"Okay," I said, "Just be careful."

"I will," she mumbled but I somehow doubted that.

She put on a smile that looked way to real, and walked over to wear the two guys were sitting, sharing a drink. She krept up behind them and said, "HEY GUYS!" 

They flipped out and Davey looked really uncomfortable. Serves him right for lying to my best friend. 

She smiled at Davey and siad, "Hey Davey-boo, I got all your stuff packed and ready at MY flat, and sorry to tell you, but your dog likes me more than you so I'm keeping him as well.

His face paled, "Your keeping Darth Vader?"

"No," she said, and he seemed to relax, "I'm keeping Strawberry Shortcake," 

He looked confused and she clarified, "Darth Vader really is a stupid name for a cute little dog."

He paled even more, "wha--"

"Don't even talk to me," she said, anger starting to show through. Now Davey looked embarassed. He stared at his shoes. 

"I'm so sorr--" But again Kora cut him off.

"--No, David, thats the problem. You're not sorry," and the turned at stalked back to me.

"Oh one more thing," she turned to David (Now that we're not friends I guess I should call him David...?) "How long were you planning on lying to me? Our whole lives together? Or only half? I've wasted too much of my life on you already, David. It's enough."

We walked away, and as soon as we rounded a corner, Kora fell onto her knees and gripped me for support. That must have been so hard for her to do, she has the courage of...well...of someone ho isn't me. We went to her flat and packed all of Davey's stuff, and all of Kora's good memories into a suitcase. At exactally 9:00 PM, David walked in and stiffly picked up his suitcase. He looked at Kora, totally ignoring me, but she looked away, wanting him to leave. And that's when Kora and the rest of us finished with David. For good.