The begin of the end

Hope you enjoy yayy so excited for you to read this and if you have any opinion on this story then leave it in the comments mk bye😃

• • •

I woke up with the piercing sound of my alarm clock. I unwillingly got up and proceed on with an unusual day. As I was ready to head out the door, I saw a letter addressed to me with some money inside. I debated whether to read it or not. In the end, I stuffed it in my bag and left the money in my wallet. I shoot outdoor not even a bit curious about the letter.

On the slow bus ride to prison*cough* I mean school, I began checking my email and I think this is a sign that this is not just some normal day.

Your order for the new VR nerve gear will be delivered at your house at 3:45
thank you for your purchase! 

I'm relieved that I don't have to play Sword Art Online on a broken Nerve gear. The headset I have now I bought used so it has some malfunction to it that was kinda hard to focus on the game itself.
It was better than nothing when it had first been released. Since it had been released when school was out, I play on it non stop. Before Sao, I made do with the hundreds of video games I had. It kept me distracted from all the unwanted feelings inside. Soon enough the world that exists around me was something foreign.

• • •

I was at my locker getting ready for the last three periods after lunch. As I was pulling books out of my bag the letter that I had not read yet flew out and away from me to a guy five lockers away from me. The guy notices the letter under his foot a few minutes later and picks it up. When he squinted his eyes to read what was inside I snatch it out of his hand.
"Hey, why did you do that?" He questioned.
" it mine. see?" I calmly stated looking away and showed him my name on the front while I pointed out my name tag.
" my bad I didn't notice your name on it, I kinda blind without my glasses," he said sheepishly. I didn't reply just kept walking to anywhere but here.
" I'm sorry for your lost I know it not the easiest thing in the world living without your parents" with that he left.
That made me stop in my tracks. The letter crumpled up in my fist. My head was starting to hurt as the flashback of my parent's death replayed in my head. I open the letter that I was unintentionally avoiding.

From Aunt,
As you know today is the anniversary of your parents and my sister's death. This is a day the no child should have to encounter. I left some yen inside so that you can get flowers for them and then we will visit them as soon as I come home. Love you

• • •

Throughout the day I have been more absent-minded then normal. Not even the games on my phone could distract me from today. The headache I was getting wasn't helping. The letter was unexpected usually she would mention my parent's death over dinner so that we were "grieving together".  Ever since that day, my emotion has never come out to show and today is no different.Not even a drop of sadness.

Just nothing.

I look at my front step to see a black box. I knew exactly what it was. Before I when up to my room I place the freshly white bouquet of flowers on the counter. Then wasting no time, taking the new nerve gear to my room, and opening it on my bed. A test run wouldn't hurt but restrain me from doing so. As I when towards my computer, I notice a shattered cup on the wet floor. I quickly pick up my old nerve gear that was also on the wet floor. Sometimes it very inconvenient to have a guardian who is such a clutz. I'm hoping that the game chip didn't happen to get caught into the splash zone. I observed it one last time before inserting the game chip into the new nerve gear. I get a text from my aunt and I open it.

Aunt: hey don't be cooped up in your room engaged in the rest of the house  love you 😘

Aunt: Oh and sorry about the spilled water I was getting my earphone you took and was in rush back to work

I plugged it and put the nerve gear on my head. Turn on the gear and sighed closing my eyes. It just a test run nothing more nothing less.
"Link Start"

• • •

As I open my eyes I'm not in my room but on the first floor at the floating castle, the Town of
Begining. It feels good to be back.
Instead of my usual (h/c) is was (h/c) and my eyes were (e/c). I was looking around my area to see what going around here
[ text from Kuro]
Yo meet me in the outer field in 10

In the outer field, the first thing Kuro and I started leveling our statues.I didn't even realize how late it was. It was already 6:50 and my aunt was coming home soon.

" hey, Kuro it's getting late I better log out oh, and thanks for helping me pick out my gear," I said boredly and was ready to open my menu.
"no problem (y/n). You leaving me already " he said dramatically.
" you'll get over it" I mumble. I open my menu and searched for the log out button. My (e/c) orbs widened as I saw the log out button wasn't there.

Wait, where's the log out button? I remember the log out button being here. There was no other way to log out last time I check.
"(y/n) are you okay?" he said worried
"I..can't log out," I said with slight confusion
" Wait! let me check It must be a bug" He opens his menu bar quickly and as his eyes widen in fear he saw something that he never thought would happen
" your right..."
Suddenly a great blue light appears covering both of us. It must be teleporting us somewhere
"What the.." and just like that it teleported us back to the Town of Beginnings.

I look up at the sky. In the sky was some blood dripping down and turning into a cloak that doesn't have a head or a body. It's just a cloak.
" Who that (y/n)? "
" It the game master Kuro," I said glaring at him.
" what does he want"
"I think he about to tell us"

" My name is Akihiko Kayaba. And as of this moment, I am in control of this world. I'm sure most of you have already noticed an item missing from your main menus -- the log out button. Let me assure you, this is not a defect in the game. I repeat, this is not a defect. This is how "Sword Art Online" was designed to be"
Your kidding right?
"You cannot log yourselves out of SAO, and no one from the outside will be able to shut down or remove the "NerveGear" from your head. If anyone attempts to do so, a transmitter inside the NerveGear will discharge a microwave signal into your skull, destroying your brain and ending your life.

" This has to be a joke right (y/n)?" Kuro said
" He's not. the transmitter's signals work just like microwaves if the safety's disabled"
"There is only one way for a player to escape now -- you must clear the game. Right now, you're gathered on Floor One, the lowest level of Aincrad. Defeat the boss on Floor 100, and you will clear the game."
If there one thing this couldn't take away is the flexibility of having a chance to respond. When you take that away there is no room for error. This is a death that nobody signs up for yet we risk walking on death road with a click of the starter button.
" This marks the end of the tutorial and the official launch of Sword Art Online. Players, I wish you the best of luck" and with that, he disappears.

My hand clenched into a fist. This is definitely one of the few things that irks me. I look at the ground while my bangs covered my face. If I have to fight in this so-called death game then so be it. This world won't BEAT ME!

• • •

Hey everyone!
If you like it then make sure to vote!!!
See ya next chapter!😋✌🏻️