Beater

Dcemeber 3, 2022

The next day we were headed to the boss room.The party was walked in front of me while their sword and amor bang around. I was behind the with my party member Kirito. After a while of silence Kirito decided to break it.

" let go over it we're the back up team so it our job to fight the Ruin Kobold Sentinels, the bosses minion you with me so far?"
" yeah "
"Ok I'll use my sword skill to knock there HP's down"
" then we'll switch out so that I can block and make the final shot" I finish for him.

" good you seem to know what you are doing. Have you been in a party before?" He asked.
I thought about it, it better if he think I'm just a beginner. Since I'm a level 28 and I wouldn't want these player to know that I was an ex-beta tester.
" umm...something like that. I saw a party doing it so I suppose that what you do when you fight with party I guess" I moved my head slightly towards him.

" interesting" the black hair boy say as we stop to the bosses door. My sword was already equipped in my left hip. No one could see it since I kept it hidden under my black cloak.

" Listen everyone I have only one thing to say let' beat this boss Let's go!" Diabel yelled. Everyone start running towards the boss room. When suddenly this huge, giant monster appear and was holding one of the weapon Diabel was reading. A commotion of fighter and swords attacking the boss. So the fight began.

(KIRITO POV)

"Squad D, E, and F keep those sentinel off us!"
"Got it let's go (y/n)" I yelled. Quickly I ran to the sentinel. I blocked it attack and hitting it lowing a bit of its HP.

" Switch!" I back away and (y/n) ran to it slicing its stomach.

I have to admit she was fast I couldn't even predict her next move. It was the same type as my but I probably couldn't top that speed. What I noticed is the she holds her different then anyone else. Instead of hold her sword handle up she holding it down and attacking. Soon she readjusted her sword back up.

The sentinel disappear and shadder in to blue flakes.
"Wow" I mumbled she a better fighter then I expected.
" Switch"

( Your POV)

" Switch" I yelled. I move back as Kirito attack the sentinel. I look over to were Diabel was and the boss HP was on it last bar. The boss drop it axe but instead of getting a Talwar it was a No-Daichi?!

" NO STOP!" Kirito warned but it was to late. It already cut Diabel and flew him back. The boss roar echoed around the room. I saw Kirito trying to give him a health crystal.

My heart stop frozen when I saw Diabel body when up in blue glass. At that moment I didn't know how or what to feel about seeing his death. I only thought about how I was going to survive. His intention were nothing but good. Is being the hero truly worth facing death?

I turn back at the boss and Kirito was next to me. I pull my sword out a bit to fight the boss.
" we're going to fight the boss like we did the sentinels" I nodded and pulled out my sword completely. We ran to the boss,first was Kirito attack then my block.

"Switch" I block it and attack.

" (y/n)!"as I was trying to attack the bosses  sword cut my cloak revealing my (h/l) (h/c) and my face. Luckily I was fast enough to dodged it attack. Kirito and I kept on switching back. Until Kirito was hit by the boss and was flying into me.

" you alright Kirito" I looked at the boss and it came closer to us. I try to use my sword to block it but somehow the boss HP drop a little. I look back to see what it was and it was a player.
" We'll hold it for now while you get HP up" he said and when back to the boss. I look at Kirito's HP bar it was alright in yellow. " ok" We got up after Kirito's HP bar.  I held my sword ready to attack with all I got. I attack the neck and up slicing its face. While Kirito got to the last attack bonus. I landed a perfect shot as the bosses HP when zero and disappear.

I put my sword back in my case but something pop up on to my

[CONGRADUATION]
[XP: 400]
[ HP: 36]
[ LEVEL: 32]
[ BONUS SKILL:CRESCENT FLAME ]

I exited it out it and look back at Kirito. "good work you two" Agil said walking to us.
" thanks...I guess"
" that was awesome swordmenship you two congrats!" someone said
"no" Kirito said but everyone started cheering.
" Stop cheering! Why did you let Diabel die"
"Let him die?"
"Of course! You both knew that technique the boss used! If you had told us that up front, he wouldn't have died!"

Everyone was dead quiet

" I know why they used to be beta tester they knew the attack patterns they knew but they didn't tell us" 

My bangs covered my face and I slowly turn around

" a beta tester? Don't make me laugh. If anything the attack patten were easy to catch. Maybe if you didn't have your head so far up the beta testers ass,you would have thought the same " I said with a slight smirk to it. Kibaou was speechless that someone had the nerve to think against him.

"I could have said it better myself" Kirito add.
"I know some things too more than you could imagine more than any info broker" he put on a dark smirked and opened his menu to put on his coat of midnight. He turned around to look at them. Then started walking to the exit. Everyone was surprised or shocked until Kibaou starting to say something.
" if you know that then your worse than a beta tester your a damn cheater!"
"Your a beta tester and a cheater your a beater!" Someone said.
" it doesn't really sound like a insult to me but call us whatever you want" I smirk and when to the exited as well.

When i reach to the stairs Kirito was already at the top.
"Hey Kirito"
"Yeah what is it " he turn his head.
"I want know something"
"Witch is?"
" how did you know I was a beater or what they are calling us now beater?"

" your fighting stands instead of using your sword like everyone else does you grip your sword down so that the tip of it is down and your holding the bottom of your sword up then switching your grip up"
" any player could do that "
" for the amount of time we been trap in this game no new player could have gotten use to that kind of fighting stand if anything it was just a guess base on those fact alone."
I sighed. " umm... well no complaining about now "
He chuckled a little as I was about to leave
" hey..ah (y/n)"
" yeah?"
" when a guild want you to be in their guild don't turn it down..besides there are limits on what a solo player can do" he said. His word are nothing but true.
" I will just have to make the most of it"
" alright if you say so" he smirk and faces the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!
That  was an awesome chapter but probably not but it only get better....right? 😝😝😝
If you like it then make sure to vote!!
Hope you enjoy!!!!!
See ya next chapter!😋✌🏻️