Chapter 3

I spent those two nights alone for the most part. When my mum wasn't working she would come in to see how I was going and to reapply the gel to my burns. The doctor was right and the burns had blistered and started to peel. I was being let out in a matter of minutes; my mum was just signing the discharge papers now.

I hadn't heard from Rocky since he stormed out, and I'm still not sure whether that is a good thing. He has a very short temper and he's a brat. The fame must have really gotten to his head, because I'm sure he wasn't always like this. I still have his jumper, and I don't know if this is weird but I always kept it with me, the smell of it was really comforting.

My mum came back into the room and told me that I could go. I packed up what few things I had and followed her out to the car. It was a pretty gloomy day, matching my mood. The drive home was silent and it seemed to drag on forever. My mum and I had never been really close so these types of situations we're normal for us.

When we got home I went straight up to my room and just lay in my bed. I looked at the R5 posters that covered my walls. I couldn't stop looking at the ones of rocky. He always had a huge smile plastered on his face, but I knew now that it was all fake. I slowly got out of bed before going to my walls and one by one; I started to rip the posters down.

ROCKY POV

I sat in my room, strumming chords on my guitar but they all come out sounding terrible. For the past few days I haven't been able to get that girl out of my head. I didn't even find out her name, and she still had my favourite jumper.

As for the band, things weren't going so great; everyone was telling me it was my fault. They were all saying that I had changed and they didn't know who I was anymore. I hadn't changed that much, I just struggled to find something to motivate me.

A few months ago, I had been struggling with my moods, so I decided to go the doctor to find out what was wrong with me. I found out that I had bipolar mood disorder. They gave me pills, to help keep my moods under control, and I used them a few times. They made me an overly cheery person that was just not me. They also had side effects like headaches and nausea, they just weren't worth it. So now I had uncontrollable mood swings and the smallest things would set me off.

So today I stormed out of practice, again. I don't even know why this time. My family decided to have a 'family meeting' without me. They decided that the band should take a break until I cleaned up my behaviour. They haven't even told me yet, I overheard them talking about it downstairs. I heard footsteps approaching my room and the door swung open, revealing my brothers Ross, Riker and my sister Rydel.

"What?" I said angrily as they all stood there looking at me.

"Rocky, we decided that we need to take a break from music, at least until you can get your act together" Riker explained.

I just stayed quiet. The silence stretched on until my sister broke it, a few minuted later.

"Rocky?"

I didn't answer.

"Rocky?" she asked again, putting her hand on my shoulder.

As soon as her hand touched me, I shoved her away, causing her to fall over. Riker rushed over to help her and glared at me. Ross just stayed quiet in the corner of the room. Rydel had tears forming in her eyes as she got up and ran out of the room.

"What the fuck is your problem? She's your sister!" Riker shouted at me before hurrying after her.

I looked up, feeling really guilty and saw Ross still standing there and staring at me. Out of all my siblings, Ross and I had always been the closest. Up until last year we had shared rooms since we were 3. He was the one I used to come to when I had problems with girls, and I was the one who taught him guitar and helped him write his songs. He just kept staring at me, staying quiet.

"You can go" I said rudely.

"What happened to you?" he said suddenly. "You used to be so different and you actually cared about your family. Now you're a selfish dick" he went quiet again. "I just want my brother back" he whispered before walking out of the room, leaving me alone.

I sighed and lay back on my bed, had I really changed that much?