Chapter 20

Hey guys. I know this chapter is super super late and I need to update faster but a lot of stuff happened and I started school and agin and I want getting much time to write. Love you guys though and we have hit 11k!! You all are amazing and I hope you are around to read this chapter after I bored you to death with that. Here you go.

POV SAM
We walk into the old abandoned warehouse. It's completely silent as we all spread out to search for something, anything. I'm searching for something to save Cara. I'm nearing a corner when I hear a scratching noise. I pull out a seraph blade and name it. It lights up and I jump around the corner and I find,
"A baby?" I say surprised. Sitting in a box is a little baby girl. Dark skin with these sapphire colored eyes, her pupils enlarged.
"Hey guys, you might want to come see this." They all walk over and Magnus Bane says
"You know that was a total cliché right?" before he sees the baby. He automatically scoops her up and fawns over her. Alec comes over and Magnus thrusts he baby in his face.
"Oh Alec isn't she adorable." Magnus coos. Izzy falls in beside Magnus and begins to coo over the baby with him.
"Well we can't just leave here her. " I say.
"We will take her back to the institute and look for her parents. Magnus you and I can go. " Alec says. They leave with the baby in Magnus's arms and Alec looking unsure while staring at the young child. The rest of us comb the entire place and come away with nothing. We all just stand still, wishing there was something. Clary begins to cry and Jace just hold her.
"Why won't she wake up?" She sobbed into his shirt. Her tears bring the same to my eyes and soon I'm crying. Simon comes over and awkwardly hugs me.
"Why didn't she love me back?" I cry. He looks at me teary eyed and chuckles darkly.
"Kid, you don't know how many times I asked myself the same thing about twenty years ago. " Clary begins to laugh and soon everyone is either laughing, crying or both. Eventually the dumb high wears off and we walk solemnly backs the truck. Magnus and Alec took the car so we all squish. I hop in the back and Simin joins me. For a while we bump along, silent not saying anything until he speaks suddenly.
"You know I used to love Clary. Or at least I thought I did." He tells me.
"So if I had made Clary like me then nothing good would have come from it. You wouldn't have Cara. All I'm saying is don't make her unhappy in a relationship with you. If she loves you great. If she doesn't I'm sorry but you won't hurt my niece. " I simply nod at him. I know that if she hates me she'll probably go find a nice, handsome boy and love him. And I'll be here, alone because I know, I will never get over this girl.

POV CARA
There's a voice talking to me. It's a voice I know but I can't place it. I know that it's a he. He tells me about things and as he does I go through my head.
Not dad, not Magnus, not Alec, not Simon, not Sam. He never does say his name but he goes through many stories about him and his best friend and the girl he loved going on many adventures. I listen intrigued and soon he says
"Cara, they need you. You have to wake up. I know it's nice here and you just want the pain to go away, but everyone out their needs you. And I know that if you did what they say you did then she will take responsibility. She'll feel like she did it. So wake up, please. And when you do, tell her Will is forever watching and says hello.

SUPER LATE CHAPTER!!! I know I know and now we've hit 12k reads in the Time that I wrote that first note and started this draft and I love you guys. You have kept reading in this little Haidas that I have taken but now I am back and this story is back and to all my new readers thanks for giving this a shot. And to all the old ones, hang in there, there is more to this ride.