twenty-one

"Thank you Rose, I will deal with this immediately."

Mr. Oliver's face shows no trace of emotion, but from his tone in voice he is angry. Rose smiles to herself as he shuffles around. He was going through some important files. She stays silent as he worked, being considerate. I mean, she got what she wanted.

At first Rose was shocked. Mr. Oliver didn't seem to believe her, even though the patent evidence proved so. The thing about Mr. Oliver is that he always needed proof for everything, so he didn't look like a fool for being wrong. He wasn't quite ready to put down any consequences yet.

Rose stays put in her seat through all of this. She was so eager to tell him everything she saw and knew. However, that still wasn't enough for Mr. Oliver. He wanted to start interviewing people.

    He dialed a number quickly and called it.

    "Meredith, come to my office as soon as possible."

    X

Meredith nervously rubs her hands together. Something isn't right, she could just feel it. She's worked with Mr. Oliver for a long time and could always read his face. As she faced him he studies every move she makes. He must know something. Meredith's heart drops in realization as his cold eyes meet hers.

"If you answer me in all honesty, this meeting may end quicker," he states.

Mr. Oliver didn't speak for a long time. You could probably hear a pin drop in the room if someone were to do so. Meredith was never questioned before in her long life. She never really needed to be, until now.

"I already told you where I was yesterday, tending Jocelyn and housekeeping rooms. Who has told you these foolish ideas?" She replies with a tone that makes her seem offended.

That poor Jocelyn is caught, she knew that, but she needed to fight until the end to keep that girl's happiness. She wanted to know who blew the plans. Perhaps it was Phillip, she assumed. She couldn't think of one other person who would betray Jocelyn.

"I've think I heard enough. You're excused Meredith," he gestures towards the door and faces his chair away from her.

Mr. Oliver has been at this business for years and could easily tell lies apart from the truth. He didn't believe Meredith at all and that was a shame, for she would risk blowing her whole job for a stupid teenager.

Instead of jumping to conclusions, he did what he should've done all along; check the security cameras.

short chapter with a lot of information haha

but in all sincerity thank you guys for sticking with me and this book for so long, it really does mean a lot.

ur comments also mean a lot and inspire me to keep going, so feel free to comment ur thoughts on this chapter

ily