Shift-Part:1

**Unedited

~4 years on~

Dakota's POV.

"You cheater!" I shout to Chaney who has just cheated in a game of pairs.

"How can I cheat?" He laughs. "You saw that they matched!"

"Your still a cheat." I mumble, getting up and squatting away the cards that we lying on the table, making them fly onto the sofa.

"Dakota!" Aunty Brenda scolds. "Pick them up."

I groan and pick up the heap of cards, stacking them properly an putting them back into the box.

"Pizza!" I hear Alpha Zayn shout as he runs for the door. "Oh." He continues.

"Someone's happy to see me. " The voice says sarcastically as I hear them walk through the door.

"Darren!" I hear Chaney shout and I turn my head to see it is him, the beta, Darren.

"Hey kiddo. Hi Dakota." I smile and run up to him, crushing him and Chaney who was giving him a hug before me.

The door goes and I hear Alpha Zayn mutter: "I hope that's the pizza."

"Here you go." Darron says as he hands me a lollipop.

Tears instantly prick the rims of my eyes as I remember when Uncle Pete gave me a lolly on that day.

"No thanks." I mumble and turn away so he can't see my tear stained face.

Alpha Zayn comes back into the living room with two large boxes of pizza and a smaller one which I presume has garlic bread in it.

"Finally!" Chloe shouts as she runs and takes the first box of pizza out of Zayn's hands.

I sit next to her as she opens the box and dives in to take one slice in each hand.

"Heaven." She sighs as she takes her third bite.

I pick up a slice and stuff it in my mouth, giving Alpha Zayn a cheesy grin when he looks at me.

"Drinks anyone?" Aunty Brenda comes in with a bottle of coke and a couple glasses.

"Please."

"Yep."

"Okay."

"Uh-hu."

Me, Darren, Chaney and Chloe say whilst Alpha Zayn struggles to say yes with all the pizza he's got stuffed in his mouth.

Aunty Brenda sets the cups down an pours a generous amount in each cup, handing it to whoever when she's done.

I gulp it down and take the last slice of pizza.

"Hey!" I hear Chaney and Zayn whine at the same time.

"Hay is for horses." I tell them both before shoving the whole thin in my mouth.

Until about 10 o'clock all of us sit in the living room, watching tv or playing cards.

"Okay you two, time for bed." Aunty Brenda tells us once I finish beating Chaney at a game of gofish.

"Aw, half an hour more?" I plead with a pout and puppy dog eyes whilst Chaney says over to me. "Okay, goodnight Aunty."

I look over to him and glare as he smiles and pulls me up with his hand.

"Goodnight everyone." I grumble whilst Chaney has a massive grin on his face and is saying goodnight to everyone individually.

"Okay, what are you planning?" I ask him once we are out of ear shot.