Figure It Out

Alpha Zayn's POV

I groan as I rub a tired hand through my messy hair.

It still doesn't make sense. I think as I look across the mass of paper piled onto my desk.

As I pick up another piece of paper, a soft knock brings me out of my trance.

Mumbling profanities, I usher them in.

"Alpha." Darren nods curtly. "How are you getting on?"

"It remains a mystery to me!" I complain as I sit back in my chair and rub my face with my hands.

"There are so many of them!" I shout, referring to the rouges. "But yet, we don't know why or where they are coming from."

He nods his head and makes his way to sit opposite me, sitting on the arm of the chair.

"But they can't be rouges." I continue. "They all have that dusty, gray fur. They have to be a pack of some sort."

"Maybe your right." Darren says and picks up one of the papers studying it for a while.

"Boys," Mum calls, interrupting us by barging into the room. "Zayn," She scolds. "Have a break."

"I can't when my pack is in danger."

She just sighs and takes a seat on the chair that Darren was leaning on.

"Have you thought about what I said to you?" I give her a questionable look.

She sighs and falls into deep concentration. Most probably linking someone.

Chaney's POV

'Chaney, come to Alpha Zayn's office.' I hear Aunt Brenda say through the link.

Instead of replying, I get up from my be and run to the office using inhuman speed.

"Yes Aunty?" I ask once I peep my head through the door.

She motions me to take a seat and I comply.

"I'm going to be honest with you, Chaney. Because you're 17 now." She sighs and flicks a piece of her gray hair behind her ear.

"We need to know everything that happened on Dakota's sixth birthday."

I take a sharp intake of breath and close my eyes.

"We could ask Dakota, but I have a feeling that she won't respond as well as you would." She continues.

"No." I disagree. "She needs to be here too."

She and Zayn nod their heads so I comply and send a link to her, telling her to get her butt into the office.

"Yep?" She comes strolling in, fixing something on her wrist.

I take a closer look and realise its the gold bracelet that mum got her for her birthday, the one that Dakota has never taken off.

Once no one answers her she sighs and falls into concentration.

"Oh." She sighs and plops herself down on the chair.

"I don't remember much." I start, consuming that Kota has just read someone's mind and got information of off them.

"It's long to start from the beginning, so I will just say when Charlotte and her mum died."

I take in a deep breath and close my eyes, imagining the scene before me. Kota does the same.

"A massive gray wolf came and killed Charlotte's mum. And then killed Charlotte too. Alpha Pete started growling and then everyone shifted-"

"More gray wolves emerged from the bushes surrounding our backyard so me and Chaney ran to hide under a tree where we witnessed out mum die right before our eyes." Dakota cut in, finishing of her sentence and wiping a stray tear from her eye.

Zayn mutters something ad leans back in his chair. "We're they looking for something, perhaps?" He asks to no one in particular.

I nod. "Alpha Pete was speaking to someone in a corner." Kota gives me a confused look. "But I couldn't see what they were talking about. Then the gray wolf shifted and killed him."

I saw Dakota wiping tears that leaked from her eyes and looked up to me, giving me a sad smile.

"I guess we're the only ones left from out pack." I shrug.

"Thank you, you can both leave now." Zany says, giving us a sceptical look.

~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is disgustingly short, I know.

Next chapter will be good hopefully.