Shift-Part:2

**Unedited

Dakota's POV.

I groan and haul myself off the bed using my elbows.

"I don't get this!" I sigh to Amber as I point the the yellow algebra sheet opposite me.

"What's there to get?" She groans back at me, rolling her eyes and rolling over so her back is leaning on the floor.

"Lets get your brother. I'm sure he will help us." She says, wiggling her eyebrows.

She's always had a crush on Chaney. But now I'm scared that its turned into some sort of freakish fantasy.

Before I get a chance to reply, Amber is standing up and heading to my door screaming Chaney's name.

"What!" He shouts, barging into the room.

"Would you be a sweetheart and help us with our homework?" She asks battering her eyelashes.

"No." He turns to walk away.

"Aw come on Chaney!" I shout to him before he leaves my room. "Help us!"

"Fine." He grumbles and props himself onto my bed.

Instead of helping us, he simply does all our homework and makes a turn to leave.

"Thanks for doing the homework for us, but we asked for help. Our teacher will end up questioning us because he knows we can't do it." I tell him.

He groans and walks out of the room.

"Well thanks!" I shout out to him.

"Anytime!"

I turn to Amber who is still dazzled by Chaney.

"What now?" I moan, flipping onto my bed and staring up to my ceiling.

"Pool!" She suddenly screeches, jumping up and turning to my dresser.

I make no obligations so she pulls out a purple bikini from my dresser and turns to run to my bathroom.

"And hurry up!" She shouts before slamming the door shut.

I pull out a blue and black all-in-one swimming costume and make my way to the corner of my bedroom to put it on.

Just as I am finished tying the strings around my neck, Amber comes bursting back out of the bathroom and flings me a midnight blue towel

"Come on!" She shouts as she drags me downstairs and to the backyard.

"Alpha." She bows her head to Zayn as she passes him towards the pool.

"Amber," He curtly replies back. "Kota can I speak to you?"

I cringe at the nickname everyone calls me but made my way over to him.

"Yes, Alpha?" I ask, making sure to keep my head low and my eyes not in his vision.

He chuckles before giving me a response.

"I am your uncle, Kota," No your not. "So just call me Uncle Zayn or Zayn."

Despite the thoughts running through my head, I give him a short nod and a small smile.

Although I can't remember everything that happened on my so called birthday, I remember my mum just before the dusty grey wolf...

"Kota?" Zayn questions.

"Yep?" I snap out of it and look at him.

"You can go now."