Chapter 9

Rose:
It's been a couple of days since that flashback. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I try to ignore but somehow I always come back to. Not to mention its kind of lonely. I legit have no one to talk to. Maybe I should try to make friends. I mean, it's the best thing I could do. Slowly. I have no other option. I straighten my hair today, and put on my SPD uniform.
I make my way towards the rec room. I enter and see Syd and Z sitting and reading some magazines.
"Uhh..hey?" I say to the girls.
"Wow, what's that miracle you're talking to us?" Syd asks.
"I'm gonna be honest. It sucks not having friends to talk to. I'm always by myself."
"Ah, say no more. We are besties here." Z winks at me.
I can't help but smile back at her.
"Why are you guys being so nice to me?" I ask them both.
"Why wouldn't we. You are our friend." Z adds.
"But I've been acting like a jerk to y'all."
"And? You've been trying to process everything. We understand Rose. We will always be here no matter what." Syd hugs me.
Z soon joins in.
Bridge:
I'm in my room flipping through a comic I just got. It's my R&R time. Just as I was about to get to the good part the guys walk in.
"Bridge, you need to start reading actual books."
"How dare you?! These are real books." I stick my tongue out at him.
"So...any luck talking to Rose?" Jack asks.
"Nope. She hates my guts. Never gonna talk to her." I say without talking my eyes off the book.
"Shut up, we know you have a big crush on her." Jack teases me.
With that I blush hard. I try to ignore it by flipping through the comic.
"Awwww, Bridgy is in love." Sky adds to the teasing in a baby voice.
I can't help but roll my eyes in defeat.

"Okay let's say I was, I can't be with her

"Okay let's say I was, I can't be with her. She hates my guts plus it's against protocol."
"And? Forget protocol. If you really like this girl chase her, not literally." Jack laughed.
"Even if I keep trying, she hates me. Like literally hates me."
That's when Z and Syd enter.
"What's up?" Z asks before sitting down.
"We are trying to tell Bridge not to give up on his little crush." Jack says.
"Awww so you do like her!" Z half yells.
That's when I put my hand over her mouth.
"Shhh!" I tell her.
"Sorry, but it's true don't give up."
With that she kneels in front of me.
"Listen, we can all see the current circumstance has made you upset. The fact that she was controlled."
"It did, I just really want her old self back."
"Then don't give up." Sky says as he kneels down next to Z.

 "Speaking of Rose, where is she?" I ask

"The commander wanted to speak with her about something." Syd says without taking her eyes off the catalog she's flipping through.
Rose:
The Commander wanted to see me. Don't know about what. I'm still a little iffy about trusting him and that Kat.
"You wanted to see me?" I ask as I get to the control room.
To my surprise it was quite around here today. Guessing not that much activity.
"Ah yes Rose. We wanted to see how things were going." Cruger says.
"I guess better. I did talk to Z and Syd before you called me."
"That's good." Kat smiles.
"Yeah, uh, is there anything else you need me for?"
"Actually yes, we want to send you on a mission." Kat replies.
"By myself?"
"Unfortunately we cannot be sure that we can do that. So we will be sending you with Sky."
"Why Sky?" I question.
Why him. Weird choice but whatever.
"Unless there's an issue. We could send Carson."
That name made me freeze. I don't know why. It just the thought of him made me feel weird.
"No! Uh, I mean. Sky is fine. His powers could be useful in the mission.
"Kat take Rose to the rec room and get Sky."
With that me and Kat make our way to the Rec room. In all honesty though, Kat seems nice even though I don't know her like that. That's when I do something. I morph.
"Why are you morphed already." She asks.
"Just want to be ready." I lie.
She doesn't question or asks why.
Right when we are about to enter the room, Cruger walks towards us.
"Rose. Just wanted to say this is a good opportunity to talk to Cadet Tate."
"I don't kno-"
That's when he gives me a stern look.
"Okay, okay." I surrender.
"Sky, we need you." Kat calls out to him.
My back was turned to the room. I look over my shoulder and I see Sky standing up and walking towards me. I also see the person who makes me freeze, Bridge.

 I also see the person who makes me freeze, Bridge

Bridge:
Kat calls for Sky. I turn around and see Cruger standing with an already morphed Rose. She didn't even bother to look. Just a glance. With that, the trio retreat.
"What was that about?" Jack asks.
I just shrug. I really want my old rose back I just don't know how I'm gonna do it. But like Z and Sky say, I can't give up on my Rosey, not now, or ever.

New chapter. What did you guys think?! <3 It's short I know but trust me the next few are gonna be longer I promise lovelies. Comment and tell me what you think. :) I love to hear your guys feed back, also don't forget to star! Once again thank you! Two years on wattpad and I still enjoy every time I write a new chapter. Love you guys <3