'he gets down on one knee and'

Zoe's point of view:

I try to stop myself from crying but I can't, half an hour passes of me sitting at a wall crying when I hear a voice.

"Zoë?!"

I look up and Alfie is running up to me, once again I abandon my stuff and run up to him.

"ALFIE!?"

"ZOË!!"

I run up to him and jump on him, wrap my legs around him and hold on like a koala.

"Zoë"

"oh my god Alfie"

"I thought I lost you forever"

"oh my god"

he walks over to the wall where I was siting, me still clinging on and leans against the wall.

"Zoë"

"Alfie"

I see a single tear roll down his cheek as he looks at me and then he hugs me tighter than he's ever hugged me before.

he slides down the wall so I'm sitting on his lap and I put my hand on his chin and kiss him.

"Zoë where did you go!?"

"new look"

"I stayed in lush I didnt know where you went"

he's properly crying now, I've never seen him cry like this before.

"what's wrong?! why are you crying!?"

"I thought I lost you"

I rest my head on his shoulder then get up and look at him sitting on the floor crying.

"hey, stand up gorgeous"

he looks up and stands up, picks up my bags and we walk to the entrance to the mall.

"let's go home"

he says

I call an uber and when it comes we get in and say nothing.

"tough day eh?"

the driver asks

neither of us reply.

"alright then"

the driver says.

we stay silent until we get back to the hotel and when we go inside people are staring at us,

red faces,

puffy eyes,

tears rolling down our cheeks.

I know why they were looking at us.

we go up to our room and flop on the bed.

Alfie's point of view:

I'm so annoyed.

today was going to be the day...

the day I proposed.

the whole point of this trip was for me to propose and I doubt we will  go anywhere special after loosing each other.

it really scared me, you know.

I thought maybe she had been... killed or taken.

I didn't tell her this but I was going to propose today but I can't do it in a hotel room for gods sake.

"hey alf?"

Zoë calls from the other side of the room.

"yeah?"